Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

kabuki tickets 2011/7/1 04:51
My friend and I are planning a trip to Osaka and are doing research on things we would like to do and experience. I was looking into the Shochikuza theater and was wondering what the details of tickets variations are: 1st, 2nd, 3rd class. I would like to get the best experience as this would be the first time experiencing a performance. So what tickets would be best?
by ShdwBound  

kabuki tickets 2011/7/3 11:28
I do not know exact classification of the seats there, but usually most of the seats on the first floor and some in the front on the second floor are the first class in the Kabuki performing theaters. Of course the first class is the best! There is a charting seat (Japanese only) on the http://www.shochiku.co.jp/play/shochikuza/gekijyo/seat.html. I would recommend the seats somewhere in the center (row#5-19 and seat#9-20), because those are the ones with a good view of not only the stage but also "hanamichi" which is an approach to the stage and you can see between the #4 seats and #5 seats on the first floor.

I hope this helps. Have a good trip and have a wonderful time in Shochiku-za!
by m (guest) rate this post as useful

kabuki tickets again 2011/7/3 19:22
Not a charting seat but a seating chart!
15,000 is not inexpensive, but watching the stage and "hanamichi" on the first floor is far better than looking down from the seats on the upper floors: "hanamichi" is often an very important and interesting place to see.
by m (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2011/7/5 05:41
When are you going? Osaka Shochikuza doesn't always have kabuki, so check their schedule before you go.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread