Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

free std clinics in tokyo? 2004/8/26 17:49
can anyone please tell me if there are any free std clinics in tokyo. thanks
by tim  

Hokenjyo 2004/8/26 19:30
As long as you have your address in Tokyo, go to Hokenjo or Public Health center nearby. Free AIDS, syphilis, gonorrhoea, and chlamydia infection are provided there. Be careful that they offer the check on only designated days.

But needless to say, no medical institution offers you any free STD treatment.

Use a condom even if you usually find it a bit smaller in Japan, though I don't know where to buy bigger ones in Tokyo.
by pacman rate this post as useful

thanks pacman 2004/8/26 20:08
i actually live in saitama. does this mean that i will have to go to a saitama based hokenjo? do you have a web address or any information? thanks again.
by tim rate this post as useful

I recall 2004/8/26 21:39
I recall someone on this Forum writing that Tokyo has clinics that provide free STD tests. In any case, I think you can try asking for details at your local hokenjo.

The hokenjo is located in every ward (ku). Ask at your local kuyakusho (ward office) where you did your foreign registration. Perhaps they already gave you a booklet mentioning where you can find the hokenjo and other public facilities.

Or if you could tell us which part of Saitama Pref. you live in, perhaps someone can guide you to a website.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Free STD 2004/8/26 22:30
Free AIDS, syphilis, gonorrhoea, and chlamydia infection are provided there
I hope it are the tests that are provided for free there, not the infections. For free infections, it is probably best to go to Roppongi. ^_^
Sorry, I couldn't resist
by Kappa rate this post as useful

Question 2005/10/31 07:27
Where can I find a list of the clinics is there a website? Also does anyone at the Clinics speak English?
by MAMA rate this post as useful

minami shinjuku 2005/11/6 19:48
There is an STD / HIV clinic in Shinjuku that has English speaking staff. I don't think you can expect any pre/post test counselling though here.

It's anonymous and confidential (something that private clinics may not be).

ETokyo Metropolitan Testing and Counseling Office in Minami-Shinjuku: The Tokyo Minami-Shinjuku Bldg., 3rd floor, 2-7-8 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku (3-min. walk from JR Shinjuku Station)
Service will be available in English and other foreign languages on Saturdays during AIDS Prevention Month.
-- Appointments: Call 3377-0811 between 3:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, or between 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday
-- Tests offered: HIV antibody screening (testing for other sexually transmitted diseases will be performed during AIDS Prevention Month). Test fee is free.
-- Test days/hours: Monday through Friday, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday/Sunday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
by tokyo_girl rate this post as useful

Question? 2005/11/7 08:06
WHEN IS AIDS PREVENTION MONTH?
by MAMA rate this post as useful

aids month 2005/11/7 09:16
call and ask

I would imagine they can do STD test all the time... if not they'd know where you could go.

by tokyo_girl rate this post as useful

aid prevention month 2005/12/14 19:36
aids prevention month is nov 16-dec 15th.
by anon rate this post as useful

Free clinic Shinjuku 2006/1/20 17:07
There is a free clinic for testing of STD's and Aids at Shinjuku. Nishi Shinjuku Koken Center
03 3369 7110
Test done on Thurs only.
by SS rate this post as useful

Osaka? 2006/2/11 07:40
Anyone know where someplace similar is in Osaka?
by Sid rate this post as useful

Condoms for Pacman and others 2006/2/11 17:05
Hi Pacman,

I also had problems finding a condom that fits properly. I finally found one that I like and then the shop stopped shopping them.

So, after searching high and low for that particular type, I bought them online at Rakuten.co.jp. Some of the dealers on Rakuten allow cash on delivery or you can pay by credit card... some dealers even let you pay at a combini.

Anyway, here's a link to the search results that led me to a good source.

http://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/sd/esearch/vc?sv=2&sitem=durex+condom+xl

Hope the link works ok. If the link doesn't work, just go to www dot rakuten dot com dot jp and do a search for "condom XL" and I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Also, I completely agree with your advice to wear a condom, particularly here in the developed country with the highest rising HIV infection rate (I've read). I've learned from Japanese girls that a lot of guys just refuse to wear a condom and a lot of the girls just go along with it! So dangerous!

Anyway, I didn't post here to preach sexual caution, just to let you (and all the other guys) know about the condoms cos I had a few frustrated months when I had to try out various unsuitable condoms... Not good for my confidence, when just the thought of trying to squeeze on a tiny condom is equivalent to having a cold shower. (Don't worry I'm over it now, thanks for your concern) ;)
by Kuri rate this post as useful

Large Condomn 2006/3/10 00:35
In Tokyo you can buy large condomns at Don Kihote. They are cheaper there than at Condomania. I get these ones in a yellow box called Chapeau Large. They are 38 mm. the same company also has a 44mm size. Here is the web site from the back of the box:
http://www.fujilatex.co.jp/
by Houston Texas rate this post as useful

English STD test in Fukuoka Japan 2007/9/1 18:51
Does anyone know any English STD testing clinics in Fukuoka, Japan?
by hello rate this post as useful

Public health offices 2007/9/20 10:14
Here is a list of testing places in different wards - the Mita one in Minato are pretty well prepared for foreigners with decent English explanations.

http://www.tokyo-icc.jp/guide_eng/gov/03.html
by bob rate this post as useful

shinjuku free std testing 2009 2009/1/3 02:03
by TokyoS rate this post as useful

Kanagawa-Ken HIV Tests 2010/6/8 03:03
There is a FREE AUTHENTIC and SAFE HIV tests offered by "Kanagawa Ken"
The place is YMCA @ Honatsugi Station on Odakyu Line.

1. Here is list of hospitals that offer HIV inspection (Japanese)
http://www.pref.kanagawa.jp/osirase/kenkou/kansensyou/hiv-kensa-soudan...

2. Following is link for HIV test conducted by Kanagawa Ken.

http://www.pref.kanagawa.jp/osirase/kenkou/kansensyou/H22sokujitukensa...

Place of test: Œú–ØYMCAi¬“c‹}ü–åŒú–؉w–kŒû“k•à5•ª@Œú–ØŽs’†’¬‚S|‚P‚U|‚P‚Xj

* They DO NOT ask for any names.
* No need to mention name, address, contact number it.
* The result is available in around 30-40 min so you are not supposed to leave the test site.
* It's very authentic and systematic. Nobody asks any questions... not extra form filling etc.
* No prior reservation, booking required
* Tests are carried on every sunday from 1:00PM to 3:00PM. Check the schedule before going there. And foreign language assistance is available on every 2nd Sunday. There is some limit e.g. 50 members per 2nd Sunday because of foreign language support. However it is better to check the above url.

Here is Map
http://www.pref.kanagawa.jp/osirase/kenkou/kansensyou/kensasenta-map.h...
by Indojin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread