Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accuracy of Department Store Open Days 2011/10/6 01:51
I bought tickets for Japan from Dec 26, 2011 to Jan 2nd, 2012.

I was looking to extend my trip (for a fee) for a day for discount shopping in Tokyo.

However, after reading this site, it seems like a lot of department stores are open on New Year's Day. Is that the case now? For those that are open on January 1st, do they sell Fukubukuro (lucky bag) on Jan 1st?

Thanks for your time!
by ksycheng  

Yes 2011/10/6 18:54
ksycheng,

Yes, a lot of department stores sell Fukubukuro (lucky bag) on Jan 1st, and they often have Jan 1st bargain sales. But the busiest time of the year for shopping facilities is the last half of December.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accuracy of Department Store Open Days 2011/10/6 22:41
Thanks for your response.

Would you be so kind to share with me which department stores in the Tokyo area are open on Jan 1st?
by ksycheng rate this post as useful

Re: Accuracy of Department Store Open Days 2011/10/7 15:39
Here is a list of major department stores in Tokyo. Click each store name to see their schedule. It seems that New Year schedules are yet to come, though.

http://www.winriver.net/tokyo/shop-t/tokyo1.html
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accuracy of Department Store Open Days 2011/10/8 07:59
Only a few department stores are open on the NWD, but all of them are open on the 2nd. If you're serious about shopping, you should extend your stay.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread