Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to cook the ramen? 2011/12/23 16:16
I'm very sorry about this kind of question.

But I'll glad to know how people make it.

I know that there are many receipts about it.

However, I need one which does not need much time and does not consist from exotic or unacceptable ingredients.

Thank you.
by saltik  

Re: How to cook the ramen? 2011/12/23 18:58
Do you have dry ramen in bags? Normally they have suggestions on the bag on how to cook it. Um, and we would need to know what ingredients you need to/want to avoid...

What you need is basically soup stock, salt, and some cooked vegetable/egg/meat topping if you want to really keep it simple.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: How to cook the ramen? 2011/12/23 20:04
hmmmmm
thank you
I mean....that mm...product which specifically for Japan only...
mmm....
by saltik rate this post as useful

Re: How to cook the ramen? 2011/12/23 21:35
If you mean ramen sold in packets at supermakets ?
1) Boil water. Tap water should be fine.
2) Cut the vegetables that you want in. Cook it if you like, or boil it.
3) Put the ramen noodles into boiled water. Cook for some time (5 minutes or so? Says in the package),
4) Add powder soup stock that goes with the packet. Add your favorite seasoning.
5) Serve in a bowl.
by VincentCorleone (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to cook the ramen? 2011/12/25 10:14
Go to YouTube. There re many ramen cooking videos in English. If you understand Japanese, there are a whole lot more on how to for all kind of cooking by real chef & others.
by ay (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How to cook the ramen? 2011/12/25 16:45
This is a really good recipe, and quick too if you have the chicken stock available. You can add whatever you like (the fish stick or pork) to tart it up.
http://japanesefood.about.com/od/ramen/r/shoyuramen.htm
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread