Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Green Tea in Japan? 2011/12/31 15:27
Which region in Japan produce the best green tea?
Izzit Kochi? Uji in Kyoto? or Shizuoka?
by hours12  

Re: Best Green Tea in Japan? 2011/12/31 22:37
Out of the ones you listed, Uji. When not referring to what you've written, Yame is said to be the best.

You'll really like them, but everyone has their preferred brand. I like the common sencha myself.
by Mogtaki rate this post as useful

Re: Best Green Tea in Japan? 2012/1/1 03:41
I second for Yame-cha as I am from nearby Yame & biased growing up drinking the tea. It has a slight sweetness in sencha. There are different grade/quality of tea so when you say the best tea doesn't mean much. Also it heavily depends on how the tea is made. Unlike black tea, green tea is dried, not roasted. You shouldn't pour boiling water or the tea is cooked. I had other teas of different grade from other regions. If you want good everyday tea at a lower cost, buy at Costco if in US. It has a little bit of maccha.
by amazinga (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Green Tea in Japan? 2012/1/1 15:35
thanks for your answer. haven't tried yame green tea personally! is it available in other parts of japan? i'll be going hokkaido and tokyo for a few days soon
by hours12 rate this post as useful

Re: Best Green Tea in Japan? 2012/1/8 01:27
I recommend Yabukita cha of Shizuoka. you should buy it 'first tea'. because it's less pesticides and harvested by hands. no machine. I'm living in Osaka. but I always buy them from Shizuokas farmer.
by UPMP rate this post as useful

Re: Best Green Tea in Japan? 2012/1/12 10:30

The most famous green tea prefecture is Shizuoka I think. If you go there you can experience tea picking ,also you can drink a tea using you picked.

But I recommend one kind of tea.
It's "genmai cha"(a mix of green tea and roasted brown rice)
I like this tea so much.It's very fragrant smell.

You can fet it any tea shop.
if you hvae a chance ,please try it!!
by Yumi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread