Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

270,000 yen a month? 2012/2/3 13:56
I am going to except a job in Japan paying 270,00 yen a month will this be enough to live comfortably.?
by ed (guest)  

Re: 270,000 yen a month? 2012/2/3 15:01
before taxes? The salary is commonplace for young.
But it really depends on where will you live in.
Because house rent is the most expensive to live in Japan.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: 270,000 yen a month? 2012/2/3 15:02
As has been stated many times regarding this subject, it depends on many things, most of all your definition of "comfortable".

Can a single person live near Tokyo and still manage to save money each month? Definitely.

Could you be able to live in Shibuya and go clubbing every weekend? If you really wanted to yes but you'd have nothing left.

Can you live in Azabu or Nishi-Shinjuku, eat all your meals out and enjoy champagne and strawberries for Sunday brunch? No.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

Re: 270,000 yen a month? 2012/2/3 17:25
As mentioned it depends on what you mean by "comfortable".

Btw my salary is about the same, and I know many Japanese people (in their 30s) who actually make much lower then that and live just fine.

For me I'm fine with that amount and I actually save money each month (in addition to paying a loan down). What I don't do of course is go out partying every single day, but even with that amount it is possible to do so (go out drinking every night), If I wanted to use all my money without saving it.

I don't live in a grand mansion in Shibuya as well.

But if you had a regular apartment, paying 60000-80000 a month, didn't go crazy everyday on food/partying/drinking. It's fine then.

by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 270,000 yen a month? 2012/2/4 03:32
It will be enough. But if you're going to Japan to be an English teacher you may not last long if you mix up words like except and accept.
by Vance (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 270,000 yen a month? 2012/2/4 09:51
agree with vance

that salary is fine but you'll be fired in months if you don't brush up your english before attempting to teach
by winterwolf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 270,000 yen a month? 2012/2/5 15:19
It depends on
whot kind place you choose to live in.

If your employer pay something like a dormitory, and you can use 270000 fully for your living , Im sure you can enjoy ya life.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

Re: 270,000 yen a month? 2012/2/8 19:52
As others have mentioned, it really depends on your lifestyle. If you're someone who loves to eat out & loves to party it up every other night, then no, that is probably not enough.

But if you're willing to shop for the best deals & save going out for once or twice a week then you could probably even save money (just as long as you find a place to rent at a reasonable price).
by Aya (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread