Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

is it Japanese thing? how should i deal? 2012/3/9 22:36
Hey guys

I've been trying to do some business in Japan with the help of japanese as business partners.

it happend to me twice that suddenly without any word they cut the connection and dissapeared not answering my emails or calls.

after some time and many tries the first one answerd she is very busy and can't continue our business.

Is it something typical for japanese or not?

I thought it is a way to avoid conflicts and dissagreaments... i don't know

how should i deal with it?
by robert (guest)  

Re: is it Japanese thing? how should i deal? 2012/3/10 18:43
I don't know what kind of business you are doing with these people, but as far as I know, that is not typical and is considered very rude in Japanese industries in general. You seem to be dealing with very unprofessional people.

But there are times when your business partner doesn't get back to you for a couple of days or perhaps even nearly a week unless you are asking for something urgent.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: is it Japanese thing? how should i deal? 2012/3/12 15:33
I wonder what type of business you are in because if all your contacts are doing the same ignoring and breaking contact, it seems not normal. I wonder if the business itself could be making them feel very uncomfortable and instead of saying that they are offended or asking you maybe a question which could offend you, they break contact.
It seems like when one or 2 people act rude the people themselves are rude but if all stop contact, maybe it was you who inadvertently offended them. It does seem something more than you were just doing business nicely with them and all of them stopped talking with you.
by hirosumi rate this post as useful

Re: is it Japanese thing? how should i deal? 2012/3/12 22:18
I was fair and honest with them, I didn't screw them or ripped them

This is what so weird, I don't know how can I deal with it
by robert (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: is it Japanese thing? how should i deal? 2012/3/14 08:09
I am not sure what happened but I would do a quick study on Japanese business etiquette and try again.
by Jakkudesu rate this post as useful

reply to this thread