Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fushimi Inari to Kiyomizudera 2012/3/13 21:27
Hi.
please,may I know how to travel from Fushimi Inari to kiyomizudera Temple?
1.- using Jr Pass?
2.- By using 500yen Kyoto city bus pass in detail especially Bus number, station and the walking direction.Thank you very much.
by Connie Tan (guest)  

Re: Fushimi Inari to Kiyomizudera 2012/3/14 08:18
1.- using Jr Pass?

The closest you can get is Tofukuji Station, one station north of Inari Station. From there you can take a city bus to Gojozaka (220 yen/ride or 500 yen for a 1-day pass) and walk up to Kiyomizudera (about 10-15 minutes).

By using 500yen Kyoto city bus pass in detail especially Bus number, station and the walking direction.

There are no convenient connections. The best is to travel via Kyoto Station, but the journey is going to take almost an hour: take number 南5 from the shrine to Kyoto Station and then any of the several buses to Kiyomizudera (there is a bus stop with a sign for all of them).

I personally would take Keihan Railways from Fushimi Inari Station to Kiyomizu-Gojo Station and walk from there in about 20-25 minutes:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=e...

But Keihan is not covered by either pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari to Kiyomizudera 2012/3/14 12:19
Dear uji.
How to go to Tofukuji station from Fushimi Inari to take the bus?
Can we walk there? Take how many minute?.
Thank you very much.
by Connie Tan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari to Kiyomizudera 2012/3/16 18:56
How to go to Tofukuji station from Fushimi Inari to take the bus?

It is one station bt the JR Nara Line. You could also walk in probably 20 minutes or so.

Re: Fushimi Inari to Kiyomizudera 2012/3/17 21:16
from the shrine , U can easily find KEIHAN-railway's station , and if you look for spending 10 minutes or so for the north, You can find a JR station for FushimiInari -- sorry as it is not populor I forgot the station name.

Anyway, in both railway you have the station of TO--FUKUJI in one place.

I recommend U drop in the temple of To--fukuji.

and ride the city-bus number 202/207 for north.

Keihan's most of train does not stop at Kiyomizu Gojo. Almost all Keihan users who try to visit KIYOMIZU temple get off the train @ NANA-JOE station and try to get on the city bus number 100/206 and ''臨・三条京阪''or temporary-service. But if you are unlucky those three lines are full of passengers who ride em from KYOTO-station.
And in the worst case you got on 208 the wrong line.

Ride city bus from TO---fukuji is my recommendation. Unless you got on 208 you can easily reach GOJO---ZAKA bus stop without ''rush''.

If you try to get in the city bus from Kyoto station to GOJO---ZAKA, plat-form D-1 and D-2 are the right place to line up.
by 36madcooky rate this post as useful

Re: Fushimi Inari to Kiyomizudera 2012/3/17 22:01
from the shrine , U can easily find KEIHAN-railway's station , and if you look for spending 10 minutes or so for the north, You can find a JR station for FushimiInari -- sorry as it is not populor I forgot the station name.

JR Inari Station is right in front of the shrine. Keihan Fushimi Inari Station is a few minute walk away. If you want to go to Tofukuji Station, I recommend to take JR not Keihan.

Keihan's most of train does not stop at Kiyomizu Gojo.

But all trains that stop at Fushimi Inari Station also stop at Kiyomizu Gojo Station.

Almost all Keihan users who try to visit KIYOMIZU temple get off the train @ NANA-JOE station and try to get on the city bus number 100/206 and ''臨・三条京阪''or temporary-service.

Hyperdia users note that the official name is Shichijo Station, not Nana-joe.

reply to this thread