Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Showing affection to an idol 2012/5/16 04:53
In our country we would hug/ shake hands , stand very close and get very touchy when we meet our idols ens. How can I do this in Japan without humiliating myself? I do know they arent very touchy feely people...
by Zandria  

Re: Showing affection to an idol 2012/5/16 11:12
Are you likely to meet an idol? In what situation?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Showing affection to an idol 2012/5/16 11:25
In Japan bowing is the social norm. Touchy feely is not common amongst total strangers let alone between fans and idols. Best avoid an uncomfortable situation by doing such a thing.
by jin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Showing affection to an idol 2012/5/16 12:50
I am sure your idol will not walk on the streets by himself, but with lots of fans following him...so have a look at how others do it and follow their manners.

Asking for a picture is no problem (you+him together).
by asdf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Showing affection to an idol 2012/5/16 18:06
Zandria,

You are a very lucky fan. As far as I know, they don't let you touch idols in Japan, the Americas nor Europe unless you ask first and they say it's okay.

But I was indeed the very lucky girl who put out my hand just before my British idol decided to grab it and kiss it while singing on stage in Tokyo.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread