Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/14 18:43
Hi,

I am going to explore Tokyo for a week in late October. Right now I am considering the two hotels, Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku and Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. Which one is better, and easier to go to train station?

Thanks,
Nico
by nino9  

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/14 19:46
Which hotel is nice depends on preferences, for example about services, equipment and atmosphere.

Are you considering Toyoko Inn Shinjuku Kabukicho and Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku?

Well, I suppose the both are offering rooms at mid-to-low rates among accommodations except sleep-only hotels or hostels.

Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku is closer to Shinjuku Stations of JR-East and subways.

Kabukicho is known for its entertainment district.
Toyoko Inn chain is expecting mainly businesspersons as guests, but it seems to be chosen also by tourists on a low budget.

- http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3011.html

I am going to explore Tokyo for a week in late October

Which sites in / around Tokyo are you going to visit?
Will you fly in and out via NRT?

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/14 21:13
easier to go to train station?
It's clearly Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku.
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/15 03:57
sunroute plaza. the toyoko inn is a 10-15 minute walk from the station which makes it a pain.3
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/15 07:32
Are you considering Toyoko Inn Shinjuku Kabukicho and Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku?

Yes, this is the question, sorry for the mixed-up. But apparently I will choose the Toyoko due to lower price, as the promotion for Sunroute is already ended.

Which sites in / around Tokyo are you going to visit?

Will explore the Yamanote line
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2370.html

and also visit DisneyLand and Sea. Maybe Ghibli museum too.

Will you fly in and out via NRT?

Can be via Narita or Haneda. The ticket fares are about the same, but time schedule is better via Narita. I am planning to use the limo bus to/from the hotel, and aware that the cost and travel time for Haneda is about half of Narita's.

Any other inputs are appreciated
by nino9 rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/15 07:55
If you are after a lower price, also consider the New City Hotel Shinjuku. It's about 10 minute walk from the station, but they also have a shuttle bus.
by SandyS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/15 08:00
Look at prices on www.hotelscombined.com first. They list lots of booking sites and compare prices. We got Sunroute pretty cheap there, picking the listing for Agoda, which was cheaper than Agoda's website. The Sunroute was a nice hotel by the way.
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/15 10:21
I stayed at Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku last year and was very happy with the hotel. The location was perfect, 5 minutes walk to the station. It was a very comfortable stay. The hotel staff at the front desk all spoke English and there's an airport limo bus from the front of the hotel that takes you directly to Narita Airport. I got my room from Hotels.com. You will be happy staying at Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku.
by DK (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/15 19:49
You won't be dissapointed in Sunroute Plaza. It's very conveniently located. The service is great, and they will store your luggage for you if you arrive early. I'd stay there again, for sure.
by Torby rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/15 21:43

nino9,

For location, without hesitation, go for Sunroute Plaza !
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/15 22:10
I stayed in Tokyo 3 times, and all three it was Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku all the way.

The location can not be beaten, the hotel is clean, staff is friendly and subway access is literally next door...

Also, staying in Kabukicho is nice if you go out all night, but if you only have a week and want to use your time well, then Kabukicho will be too loud and busy at night...
by Yordy rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/16 07:51
if you like toyoko inns or are a card member, i would recommend the otsuka hotel. it's next to the yamanote line, and ten mins from shinjuku and convient for ueno and tokyo.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Shinjuku or Sunroute Plaza 2012/8/16 11:14
Thanks all for the replies. I just booked Sunroute Plaza for six nights in October. The hotelscombined website helped a lot.

Now will try to finish the first module of Pimsleur Japan before October.

Will arrive from Haneda and depart from Narita.

Any interesting fairs/activities in late October in Tokyo? But I guess I should start a new thread for the question.

Thanks again
by nino9 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread