Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Okinawa Itinerary 2012/8/27 02:16
i have a plan to visit Okinawa During SEP 14-19

after i search for information but still have some questions need advices.
-------------------------------------
SEP14 - arrive in the evening, go Kokusai dori
SEP15 - Okinawa world, Gyukusendo, Shinaen garden, Shuri castle
SEP16 - Tsuboya Pottery Street, Mihama USA Village, Okinawa convention center Concert at 3pm
SEP17 - Manzamo, Churaumi Aquarium
SEP18 - Fukushuen Garden, Naminoue beach
SEP19 - Naha city arts & crafts museum, leaving in the afternoon
-------------------------------------
my questions are:
- SEP15 is it possible to do? and is it good idea to go Shinaen garden first, because i notice Shuri Castle open til 8PM.

- SEP16 from Mihama USA Village to Okinawa convention center, which bus i can take and about how many minutes?

- SEP17 is it possible visit MANZAMO before Churaumi Aquarium if i want to come back to stay at Naha, i'm afraid that the interval of bus will make everything late, and what is the last bus from Nago to Naha Bus terminal?

- where can i make Shisa sculpture by myself?

- is there anything i should change?

thank you for every advice

Bikka
by bikka  

Re: Okinawa Itinerary 2012/8/28 16:18
SEP15 is it possible to do? and is it good idea to go Shinaen garden first, because i notice Shuri Castle open til 8PM.

If you start your day relatively early and travel by rental car, it should be possible, but travel by public transportation would rob you of a lot of precious time.

SEP16 from Mihama USA Village to Okinawa convention center, which bus i can take and about how many minutes?

Bus line 112 takes about 20 minutes and departs about once per hour except during a long break in the afternoon. Some buses along bus 28 also go there, but not all of them. Departure times are shown here, but Japanese language skills (and an understanding of local geography) are needed to fully understand it:
http://buta.nahabus.jp/ryukyubuskotsu/busstop_show.asp?busstop=1041%20...

I strongly recommend to travel by car. Or in this case by taxi.

A map that shows the two locations:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=26.313613,127.758072&daddr=Okinawa+...

SEP17 is it possible visit MANZAMO before Churaumi Aquarium if i want to come back to stay at Naha, i'm afraid that the interval of bus will make everything late, and what is the last bus from Nago to Naha Bus terminal?

You will have to look up bus timetables, which is very complicated and time-consuming. I guess that if you start tyour day early and plan your day well, it may be possible. This is a good tool:
http://www.nahabus.jp/pc/

where can i make Shisa sculpture by myself?

It is offered at Okinawa World:
http://www.gyokusendo.co.jp/okinawaworld/handcrafts/taiken-today/

is there anything i should change?

Travel by car.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Okinawa Itinerary 2012/8/28 20:58
SEP15

It should be possible even by public transportation. I went to Okinawa World & Gyokusendo cave (last minute, unplanned addition to itinerary) and Shuri castle on the same day. I didn't go to Shikinaen garden, but yes, it'd make sense to go there before going to Shuri Castle.

Please note that the bus connection to/from Okinawa World is very infrequent. It would be a good idea to check the schedule in advance.

SEP17

You could also consider taking a guided tour which combines the two attractions. Japanican's Northern Okinawa Tour and Nakijin Castle World Heritage Tour both include Cape Manzamo and Churaumi Aquarium.
by kasasagi rate this post as useful

Re: Okinawa Itinerary 2012/9/2 21:33
Oh Thank you very much Uji and kasasagi
btw i dont have international driving license, seem like i have to adjust my plan.
Is it worth to go Manzamo?
may be i have to cut Manzamo so i can take highway bus to Nago.

thank you
by bikka rate this post as useful

reply to this thread