Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Allowed money to carry 2012/9/9 20:39
hi guys its me again this is my 2nd thread. apparantly me and several of my family members will be going to japan for 3 weeks

carrying money is one of my issue's

because when we went to Macau. we were delayed for several hours for the reason that we carry more then enough should we have.

my question is

How much money is the allowed for people to carry and not to alarm the japanese customs/ security.(hand carry cash)
by Kevin Angelo  

Re: Allowed money to carry 2012/9/9 22:54
I've entered Japan 19 times and I have never been asked how much money I carry. It's not an issue.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed money to carry 2012/9/9 23:01
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed money to carry 2012/9/10 01:15
Dick H, it can be an issue. I've been to Japan twice. The second time I entered through Naha and was specifically asked to write down how much money I was carrying on me.
by snooch (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed money to carry 2012/9/10 12:13
How much money is the allowed for people to carry and not to alarm the japanese customs/ security.(hand carry cash)

You can hand carry as much as you want; however, if it is more than 1,000,000 yen (or the equivalent) per household you will have to declare it to customs upon entry. You do not have to declare it if you are carrying less than 1,000,000 yen.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed money to carry 2012/9/10 13:42
1000000 YPY= 12800 US dollars

1000000 YPY= 10000 €
by Cesar Romero Retes (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Allowed money to carry 2012/9/10 13:50
Some of us prefer to get cash from ATM and use credit cards for bigger expenses, like hotels. I would worry too much if I carried lots of cash....but then I never spend much anyway...
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread