Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Arashiyama 2012/10/7 19:48
Hi,

I will arrive Arashiyama by JR train and planning to visit bamboo forest, Togetsukyo Bridge, take Sagano romantic train and try hotspring bath near to Torroko Kameoka station. Please help me which destination I should go first? My hotspring session from 11am to 3pm. How far from bamboo forest to the bridge?
by Liz (guest)  

Re: Arashiyama 2012/10/7 21:10
You better reserve your Sagano romantic train ride so that it fits well with your hot spring session. You can make reservations at JR railway stations in the Greater Kyoto area.

A good order would be: Bridge - Bamboo - Romantic Train - Onsen

How far from bamboo forest to the bridge?

A five minute walk.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama 2012/10/8 00:26
Thanks Uji for your advice! But where I should take the sagano train? At Torroko Saga or Torroko Arashiyama? How big or long is the bamboo forest?
by Liz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama 2012/10/8 12:30
But where I should take the sagano train? At Torroko Saga or Torroko Arashiyama?

Boarding it at Torroko Arashiyama would be quite elegant. Then you would not have to backtrack to the Torokko Saga Station, which is not a particularly attractive walk.

How big or long is the bamboo forest?

About 750 meters:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=35.017620,+135.676500&daddr=35.0175...

Re: Arashiyama 2012/10/8 20:54
Thanks again Uji, I have noticed, there's graveyard area nearby the bamboo forest, can I know the graveyard is located near to Torroko Saga or Torroko Arashiyama?
by Liz (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Arashiyama 2012/10/9 07:36
can I know the graveyard is located near to Torroko Saga or Torroko Arashiyama?

Both stations are displayed on the map. Please judge yourself. It seems to me that Torokko Arashiyama is somewhat closer.

reply to this thread