Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Icoca and Haruka Package 2012/10/28 22:42
Hi, we are a family of 2 adults and 3 children age 9,7,5 going to Osaka in December. We decided to buy the ICOCA and Haruka Package. But I think the value of the e-money is not enough for some of our rides. 1) Can we top-up the value by using the ticket vending machines ? or...

2) We'll be staying in Hotel Universal port, as I know, we have to change train while get to the hotel. So, the train route will be like: KIX -Nishikujo-Jr Universal Port. Is the Haruka line to the hotel take in Nishikujo Station? Different level or different platform?

Thank you very much.

Geogi
by geogi  

Re: Icoca and Haruka Package 2012/10/28 23:14
Can we top-up the value by using the ticket vending machines ? or...

You can recharge the Icoca card as often as you like. For a balance of up to 20,000 yen.

So, the train route will be like: KIX -Nishikujo-Jr Universal Port. Is the Haruka line to the hotel take in Nishikujo Station?

Haruka trains generally don't stop at Nishikujo Station. You should take the JR Airport Rapid instead.

Different level or different platform?

Usually same platform, opposite tracks. It is a very easy transfer.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka Package 2012/10/28 23:34
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm still a little bit confuse about the route. I knew the Haruka only stop at Shin- Osaka. So, from Jr Universal city, how to get to KIX ? since we are going to use the ICOCA and Haruka Package.

Must we take the Haruka to KIX if we use the package?

Thank you once again.
by geogi rate this post as useful

... 2012/10/29 00:42
I knew the Haruka only stop at Shin- Osaka.

The Haruka also stops at Tennoji Station.

So, from Jr Universal city, how to get to KIX ?

You can use Hyperdia to check out trains and timetables. Un-tick "Private Railways" under "Search Details"

From KIX to Universal City Station the easiest is to follow Uji's suggestion and take the JR Kansai Airport Rapid train to Nishikujo Station, then transfer to the JR Yumesaki line for Universal City Station.

Must we take the Haruka to KIX if we use the package?

No, the Haruka ticket which is part of the package is valid on the Haruka train or the JR Kansai Airport Rapid train. To get to Universal City Station the JR Kansai Airport is probably better as it reduces the number of transfers required.

If you wish, you could take the JR Haruka to Tennoji or Shin-Osaka, then transfer to a JR train to Nishikujo, then transfer to Universal City but this is usually a waste of time and more transfers so you should do as Uji directed.

Obviously, to get back from Universal City to KIX do the reverse of the above with your return Haruka ticket. ie. train from Universal City to Nishikujo and transfer to JR Kansai Airport Rapid for Kansai Airport.

Enjoy your trip!
by GC3 rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka Package 2012/10/29 01:39
we are a family of 2 adults and 3 children age 9,7,5

There is no ICOCA & HARUKA package for a child.
A child rate will apply to the older two children as to rail fees.
Maybe the youngest child can be free from rail fees under some conditions.
I just uploaded my message on this issue at 2012/10/28 19:38 in another thread.
- http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+96745

Unless a rapid train is too packed to take seats, you will not have to take a Ltd. Express Haruka to get to/from Universal-City Station.
From Kansai-airport of JR-West, rapid trains destined to Kyobashi run directly toNihi-kujo.
So, as is mentioned by Uji and GC3, you can get to Universal-City with one easy transfer.
The one-way fee is 1060 yen if you do not take a Haruka.

GC3: If you wish, you could take the JR Haruka to Tennoji or Shin-Osaka, then transfer to a JR train to Nishikujo,

I suppose the Shin-Osaka transfer is not allowed with a ticket in the package, because Tennoji -- Shin-Osaka -- Nishi-kujo includes a needless turning back.

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Correction: timestamp for my related post 2012/10/29 01:43
Oops! I mistook the timestamp. That was for an earlier message by Uji.
The correct timestamp is 2012/10/29 01:00.
Sorry.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Icoca and Haruka Package 2012/11/6 01:05
Thank you so much for the information !!
by geogi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread