Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 28

1 2
next

keisei electric railway 2004/10/1 17:38
How to book reservation from the website of keisei electric railway?

I want to travel from Ueno station (Tokyo) to Narita Airport.

Please advise.

thanks,
by lynn  

... 2004/10/1 19:40
Unless you travel on a weekday after 5pm, I recommend to just go to Ueno, buy a ticket for 1000 Yen at the vending machine and hop on a frequently departing "Keisei Limited Express" to the airport. They depart about every 20 minutes and take about 80 minutes to the airport. They can get crowded, but if you board at Ueno, the first station, you will certainly find a seat.

If you want to take the slightly faster (one hour), more expensive (1920 Yen) "Skyliner", read the following page:
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/keisei_us/html/s_ticket.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

.. 2004/10/1 19:41
You could even use it on weekdays after 5am, but I imagine it could get quite crowded due to the evening rush.

thanks,uji 2004/10/2 09:36
i am travelling on the weekday which is 25th Nov, probably at 5pm, first from Narita Airport to Tokyo area. ( i am coming from New Chitose Airport). I will stay overnight at Tokyo, Aisa Center of Japan for a night. Next day morning, i will check out. In the afternoon, i then travel to Narita Airport to fly back to Singapore.

So, my flight to SIN is at 6pm (Check in by 5pm), meaning i have to be on the rail around by 3-4pm, is the timing a rush period? Will i be able to catch it on time?

Do we need to reserve seats? Or just get it from the rail sales counter?

please advise.
by lynn rate this post as useful

... 2004/10/2 10:24
So, my flight to SIN is at 6pm (Check in by 5pm)

Are you sure check in is only one hour before departure? Usually, it is 2-3 hours for international flights.

meaning i have to be on the rail around by 3-4pm, is the timing a rush period?

If I had to catch an international flight at 6pm, I would leve Ueno Station at around 2pm. But even 4pm would be before the start of the rush hours.

Do we need to reserve seats?

If you take the Keisei Skyliner, yes. If you take the Keisei Limited Express, no.

Or just get it from the rail sales counter?

If you take the Skyliner, you need to make seat reservations. Those can be made at the station just before bording the train (provided there are seats avalaible) or by the various methods explained at the page which I refered to you in my first post.

If you take the Keisei Limited Express (which would be my personal choice), you cannot make seat reservations. Insetad, just go to the Ueno Station, and buy a ticket for 1000 Yen at the vending machine.

thanks 2004/10/2 11:00
Uji, sorry for missing out the word, "latest" by 5pm for checking in the Tokyo Airport. So i think i will take your advise, go early and will take the Limited Express at 1000yen (cheaper although longer time needed).

Thank you very much for your help.

I had planned my trip already. All the past questions posted for my trip to Japan (16th to 26th), thanks for your reply.

if... 2004/10/2 12:36
is there any way to travel from the hotel which i mention in above, (Aoyama Itchome Station) to Narita Airport?

Will it be much faster and cheaper to travel straight from this station to Narita Airport? Or using the idea to travel from Ueno station?

please advise.

Hmm 2004/10/2 12:52
You have an alternative, not the cheapest but rather easier one. Take subway Z(purple) line from Aoyama itchome(Z03) to Suitengumae(Z10). Z10 station is connected to TCAT (Tokyo city airterminal), where you can take a coach to Narita airport(2900JPY). See http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/e/timetable/narita/tcat.html
by Ryu rate this post as useful

... 2004/10/2 15:01
If I were you, I would take the Ginza Subway Line from Aoyamaicchome to Ueno Station (20 minutes) and transfer to the Keisei Limited Express there. You will have to transfer trains only once and will be able to get on the Keisei Limited Express at its first station, making it easy to get a seat, which is nice if you have luggage.

The whole trip will cost only 1190 Yen.

Ueno to Narita Airport 2005/9/3 01:07
Need to find out more info on the Keisei Limited Express. For taking Keisei Limited Express, do I take the bus from JR Ueno Station? Is there any English sign that will direct me to "Keisei Limited Express" queue after I buy the ticket from vending machine?

I have yet to check if I need to depart at Airport Terminal 2 or Narita Airport. Just want to find out, does Keisei Limited Express stops at both airports?

I am leaving Tokyo on the 14th Oct, flight is at 11:40am. I have checked out the timetable on a weekday. http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/keisei_us/html/st_narita_day.html and http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/keisei_us/html/ot_narita_day.html . For the first one, I don't quite understand why it states 1st, 3rd, 5th etc on the WD column. Correct me if I'm wrong, I need to take the 8:25am SkyLiner and will reach Airport Terminal 2 at 9:35am and Narita Airport at 9:38am, right?

Thanks in advance!
by Cindy rate this post as useful

. 2005/9/3 01:15
JR Ueno Station and Keisei Ueno station are next to each other by a few minutes walk, just follow the signs to "KEISEI LINE" or "KEISEI UENO STATION".

The Keisei Limited Express stops at both Airports.

Cindy I don't understand the last portion of your question, Do you plan to take the Keisei Limited Express or the Keisei Skyliner (two different trains?).
by railfan rate this post as useful

. 2005/9/3 01:33
Remember by Keisei you have 2 options, the Limited Express (also known on the Keisei website as "THE OTHER LINE" and you have the SKYLINER option:

There is no Skyliner at 8:25am.
The 8:25 departure is for the Limited Express train to Narita Airport.

If you wanted to leave around that time via the Skyliner, the Skyliner departs at 8:38am.

The difference between the skyliner and limited express, is that that skyliner is an all reserved train with better seating arragment and the limited express is a regular commuter type train.

The Skyliner:
http://www.takanawa.ed.jp/club/tetsudou/RK/Keisei-skyliner.jpg
Skyliner seating:
http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/keisei_us/html/skyliner.html
Price: 1920yen

The Limited Express train:
http://viewwaka.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pictures/TRAIN-Keisei/KEISEI-3700-Takasago8.jpg
Limited Express seating:
http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~n98236jm/NARITA/image/keisei2.jpg

Price: 1000yen

. 2005/9/3 01:34
The Skyliner is also slightly faster, but depending on timetables the time difference isn't major.

... 2005/9/3 01:35
railfan ,
Is KeiSei Limited Express a train? I thought it was a bus. My first question is - to take Keisei limited express, do I go to Keisei Ueno Station or JR Ueno Station?

Cindy I don't understand the last portion of your question, Do you plan to take the Keisei Limited Express or the Keisei Skyliner (two different trains?).

There are 2 timetable to Narita Airport in the Keisei Electric Railway website, so I don't know which one to follow if I'm to take Keisei Skyliner to Airport.

Is there any timetable for Keisei Limited Express?

tks for your help :)

. 2005/9/3 03:12
As I explained in detail in my post (with pictures), the Keisei Limited Express is a train, it is operated by Keisei Electric Railway thus it departs from Keisei Ueno Station. To get to Keisei Ueno Station via JR you can take trains to JR Ueno Station then walk over to Keisei Ueno Station. Or if you take JR you can transfer to Keisei easily at Nippori Station as well.

On the Keisei website you have linked in your post the LIMITED EXPRESS is also known as "THE OTHER LINE" on their website.

Again your post is confusing you say you want to take the limited express but then you say you want to know the timetable for the Skyliner??

Whatever you chose, its clearly laid out on the Keisei website:

Click SKYLINER timetable if you want to take the skyliner.

Click "OTHER LINE" if you want the Limited Express timetable.

... 2005/9/3 13:53
tks, railfan.

I am still thinking of the possible ways to the airport, whether by Skyliner or Keisei Limited express.

I think we posted around the same time, and the sequence seems to confuse you that I didn't read yr answers and then ask the questions which u have answered.

Question 2006/3/30 01:41
Hi,

Just to check skyliner tickets can be bought just before boarding right?
Coz the website says seats are reserved. I want to confirm that I don't have to make advance booking.

By the way reserved seats meaning each ticket will have their fixed seat?
by yun rate this post as useful

.. 2006/3/30 05:59
Yes and Yes.

You can make the reservation before boarding (technically this is in advance becase you have a reservation before you board =) )

Yes a reserved seat means there is an assigned seat, in a specific car.
by .. rate this post as useful

timetable 2007/10/10 08:36
I want to get to Narita by about 9:30 on the limited express. I will pick it up at Abiko but I can't find the schedule for Abiko departure. Any ideas?
by debrah rate this post as useful

... 2007/10/10 16:32
The Keisei Limited Express does not pass through Abiko!

The easiest and cheapest way to get to the airport from Abiko is by JR Narita Line:
http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/norikae/

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 28

1 2
next

reply to this thread