Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese phone provider let me use my iPhone? 2013/2/5 13:47
I wanted to know if there is a Japanese phone company that will provide service for my iPhone 4S? I have verzion now. Would it be easier to buy a phone in Japan? Ill be living in Japan for a year.
by Curious (guest)  

Re: Japanese phone provider let me use my iPhone? 2013/2/5 22:18
I wanted to know if there is a Japanese phone company that will provide service for my iPhone 4S?

Yes, assuming your phone is unlocked (verizon does this for global traveller, but I think you have to get it unlocked first before cancelling your service) you can use it with several prepaid or postpaid services. Cheapest will probably be one of B-mobile's prepaid plans:

http://bmobile.ne.jp/lineup.html

Would it be easier to buy a phone in Japan? Ill be living in Japan for a year.

No, not if you will only be here a year. The contract period to get a subsidized phone is 26 months and most companies will not sign you up if your visas isn't for that minimum duration.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese phone provider let me use my iPhone? 2013/2/7 12:32
so with B-Mobile's prepaid plan, does it mean that I charge my phone with money and I won't lose that money unless if I use the phone (so if I don't touch my phone for a month I won't be charged that month)?
by sss (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese phone provider let me use my iPhone? 2013/2/13 06:52
I just posted a similar question because I have had trouble finding the answer.

I understand if you have an unlocked iPhone, you can get it prepaid in Japan.

I do not have an unlocked iPhone though and would still like to use an iPhone during my stay in Japan.

I will be there for at least a year, but more than likely more. I understand if it is only a possibility you stay for more then you will not be able to get a contract iPhone.

My question is where can I get an iPhone in Japan then to use as a prepaid iPhone? Is that possible? And if so, how much would it be? I use the internet, apps, and texting.
by maryJANE (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese phone provider let me use my iPhone? 2013/2/13 13:01
so with B-Mobile's prepaid plan, does it mean that I charge my phone with money and I won't lose that money unless if I use the phone (so if I don't touch my phone for a month I won't be charged that month)?

No, it is a prepaid month of unlimited data. In addition, their voice service is actually charged as post paid on a month to month basis.

Re: Japanese phone provider let me use my iPhone? 2013/2/13 13:07
My question is where can I get an iPhone in Japan then to use as a prepaid iPhone? Is that possible?

Yes

And if so, how much would it be?

Sim free iphone 3gs models start around 10,000 yen and go up from there. It may be even cheaper to buy them from ebay though especially if you want a more recent model.

reply to this thread