Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Children's Anime? 2013/2/11 08:58
Hi, I am a beginner Japanese learner, and I am looking for some children's anime to help me learn. Thanks
by yasmine (guest)  

Re: Children's Anime? 2013/2/11 15:31
by ajapaneseboy rate this post as useful

Re: Children's Anime? 2013/2/11 16:38
Actually, children's anime can be difficult for beginners, as they tend to be full of colloquial expressions/slang, informal verb forms, and abbreviated expressions. I hope you will follow a structured textbook to learn the basic grammar, starting with polite form, and then pick up extra expressions from anime and other fun resources. Enjoy learning!
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Children's Anime? 2013/2/19 05:08
I can tell you from experience that children's book and anime are not easier to learn from because they are aimed at children. I completely agree with AK's assessment.

However, I would recommend anime such as: Polar Bear Cafe, Tiger and Bunny, and Maison Ikkoku.
by hajime gakusei rate this post as useful

Re: Children's Anime? 2013/2/19 14:34
Hey I recommend this book which is the one I use at my unversity for learning Japanese in class it is very helpful

http://www.amazon.com/GENKI-Integrated-Elementary-Japanese-Edition/dp/...

You dont have to buy it, you can download it for free as a PDF online.

Also an anime that has helped me is Ranma 1/2
by Lulu44 rate this post as useful

Re: Children's Anime? 2013/2/19 14:59
Thanks very much. I am learning Japanese seperately, and so I am learning the grammar and correct expressions, just wanted something extra to watch. Thanks for helping!
by yasmine (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Children's Anime? 2013/5/4 00:58
One anime that has helped me a lot is Gensomaden Saiyuuki. It is not exactly for children and it has got keigo thrown in too. So you get to use keigo right at the start (watch out for Cho Hakkai). :)
by cumberbatch rate this post as useful

reply to this thread