Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 15 of 157: Posts 281 - 300 of 3136
prev
1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 157
next

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/4/22 10:54
@Dan I just enter Japan few days ago without a single dose of vaccine. probably wont take the vaccine ever too.
The only draw back is 7 days quarantine (or 3 days if i took pcr test and get -ve result on the 3rd day.)
by 100vOutlet (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/4/22 17:58
Good to know 100vOutlet, thanks for the heads up.
by Dan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/4/23 20:32
@rkold I do feel you. It's the same for me. I don't mind the PCR-tests, but quarantine makes it all harder. Most people have limited vacation due to their jobs. I'm still hoping there won't be any quarantine rules for vaccinated visitors when Japan open its borders.

Never been to the US, but read about the travel rules. It seems it's quite easy to travel between the US and Portugal. You just need the PCR-test and the Passenger Locator Card (which you can fill in less than 5 min - done lots of them during Covid era). Quite hassle free. Portugal has some good protocols with other countries outside Europe, such as Mexico and Dominican Republic (no quarantine and no PCR-tests). As for Japan, I thought Japanese people could visit Portugal now, or am I mixing them up with South Koreans? I know South Koreans can come, and seen some of them here...
by Sophia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/4/26 20:57
Jgov open the borders, pleaseeeee.
by Pics85 rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/4/27 17:13
by Pics85 rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/4/27 17:27
Well, I have 3 weeks of holidays planned in June, with no plans that are set in stone.
Not the best month to visit, but hey, if they decide to unexpectedly open I'll will check what's possible!
by Martin (OP) (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/4/29 15:30
I saw this from yesterdays Japan-Today & thought it was worth sharing here.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/update1-japan-should-ease-cov...

It's fairly standard with the industry people calling for a move to reopening & the politicians being very cautious. My key takeaway is this

"They also proposed the government present the criteria needed for a further relaxation to help potential visitors foresee the easing of government border controls."

So hopefully, after the upcoming elections we will see some sort of timeline set out.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/4/30 07:58
@Stan Norrell - I saw that reported a few days ago in a different publication. Unfortunately the article is simply filling column inches in a newspaper and really adds nothing to decisions or timelines. It uses a lot of words to say Japan should do something eventually.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/5 18:39
"Kishida gave a lecture at the City of London, England, on the 5th of Japan time, and expressed his intention to significantly ease Japan's border measures in June"

https://www.fnn.jp/articles/-/356315

Let's see what June brings us.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/5 19:17
Here is the official translation:

We have now eased border control measures significantly, with the next easing taking place in June, when Japan will introduce a smoother entry process similar to that of other G7 members.

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/5 22:17
TV Asahi news says it's only for business travelers' convenience.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/5 22:46
I'm sure it is, but it will hopefully be a big step in the right direction.

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/6 07:22
My guess is that they will get rid of the testing at airports, but that not much will change with respect to tourists yet. But I will be happy about any step in the direction of ending Japan's international isolation.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/6 11:50
Don't get too excited. The transcript of the speech references the BIG changes that have ALREADY occurred, not revisions that might occur next month. From the speech:
"We have now eased border control measures significantly, with the next easing taking place in June, when Japan will introduce a smoother entry process similar to that of other G7 members."
https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/International-relations/Transcript-Ja...
No mention of tourism or short term entry, expect improved processes for residents, visa holders and business travel.

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/6 13:03
Again, don't get too excited.
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/3cb53ef253aa61bd110a3c75c643696d4fa4...

Read:
The government is considering allowing some foreign tourists to enter Japan this month.
by K.S. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/6 13:13
The intersting thing is that Yahoo Japan chose to put it on the top of their homepage (news) and comments are flooding but Japanese don't seem enthusiastic about this.

Not to mention the actual great exchange rate some will love this news.
by K.S. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/6 14:27

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/6 14:31
Regarding negative comments from Japanese. This was similar to countries that started to open up last year in Europe. It will always be "too soon" for some, I wouldn't read too much into it. Hell, two months ago a third of people polled wanted the UK to reintroduce restrictions, and now our cases and hospitalisations have tanked without doing so.

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/6 17:41
@ K.S. - I was sent that link today as well. The key word is "considering". So not news.

Remember, the GoJ has be CONSIDERING those changes and tours for over six months. Last I saw they were going to be along the lines of the tightly controlled trial tours they ran (in March?) where everyone was tested before they were effectively locked on a bus. While there are some people that love bus tours (I am not one of them), most inbound tourists are DIY travelers.

And just on the possible June change (expect improvements for business travelers, not tourists), the major tourist market for Japan is not the G7 (which was mentioned). yes, there are a decent number of French and Germans in normal years, even a few Canadians and US, but the major markets of Taiwan/SK/China are not on that list, not even Singapore which I would see as a good target market for due to distance.

Re: Resumption of tourism - Latest info? 2022/5/6 19:12
It is policies in line with the G7, not for the G7. I would bet that Japan opens to Korea, etc, before any Western country, if they were to reopen in those kinds of stages.

The news is that they are considering expanding tourism in June after those horrific monitored tours at the end of May. Obviously, this can all change in an instant, and I doubt the type tourism most of us want to take part in will happen until after the elections at the earliest, but it just being spoken about is a welcome change.

Here is an English language news story for anyone interested

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2022/05/c56cad852703-urgent-japan-l...

Page 15 of 157: Posts 281 - 300 of 3136
prev
1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 157
next

reply to this thread