Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 194 of 233: Posts 3861 - 3880 of 4653
prev
1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 233
next

Military dependents housing areas 2015/8/15 05:38
Kaoru san:

I Googled Honmoku Grafitti and found this article could be translated into English.
Plus there was some other interesting stuff from my old home town included.

--Eric
by Eric (guest) rate this post as useful

Military Dependents Housing 2015/8/15 17:59
Thank you very much, Karou-san, for the pictures of floor plans and furnishings that were provided for military families. I found the floor plan for our home and recognized much of the furniture. All of it brought back some very nice memories. Thank you, too, for the earlier pictures you posted of "old" Japan -- such a beautiful country!
by Barbara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Military Dependents Housing 2015/8/16 04:03
Barbara-san and Eric-san

You're welcome. I'm happy that you have good memory about Japan.

When I was kid, I liked American large hamburger. That was eaten at clubhouse of golf course and seaside club. I think it was one dollar.
by Kaoru (guest) rate this post as useful

Pictures 2015/8/18 05:41
Kaoru: I appreciated seeing the pictures you posted. When we moved to Negishi Heights in 1980, we were only loaned basic furniture for a short while until we received our household goods shipment or could buy furniture. The living room furniture we borrowed had bamboo frames and cushions. The mattress and box springs had no frame and was on the floor. Again, thank you for posting those pictures; they were very interesting!
by Lori (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2015/12/13 00:57
August was last here.
No word since then. Where are All?
Fall! Disappearance!
by Louann R. (guest) rate this post as useful

Military dependents housing areas 2015/12/14 01:48
Hey Louann;

Sorry I dropped off the JG scene.
Our local paper has asked me to do some freelance writing to cover their regular crews' vacations and holidays. I did a piece on Habitat for Humanity and several stories about older vets from WW 2 and Korea who live nearby.
Wife & I raised a great vegetable garden this year and we still have left over tomatoes this late in the year.
I sent some of our hard neck garlic to an overseas pal and got rave reviews...

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2015/12/14 02:22
gone but not forgotten
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Louann 2015/12/20 04:30
Louann,
This is all Peterfs fault. The rest of us come here to hear what Peter thinks and he just hasnft been posting much lately.
by Dave-san (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2015/12/21 00:50
dave san
i am honored that my thoughts are so important to you.
awwah..i didnt know you cared.
i will try to do better, when i get a new keyboard. currently, i am using the on- screen click on.
well.. i did go on to a site for samurai tours. try it there are 2 slots left for thevspring tokyo and kyoto tour for spring...hmmm
by peter (guest) rate this post as useful

Merry Christmas 2015/12/23 20:19
Hello, there

Yokohama is little cold and raining now. It's warmer than a common year in Yokohama.

Eric and Jeannie-san enjoy Christmas with his son and beautiful his wife. Their Japanese travel was wonderful memory for my family.

I'd like to hear Peter-san's Haiku again, and I want to hear about topics of Yokohama from 1950's.

Christmas Eve 2015/12/24 22:31
When I was an Army Brat growing up in Yokohama, I'd listen to Far East Network radio's coverage of Santa's arrival to Japan.

"Army Radar" had spotted the jolly one flying in over Hokkaido and it wouldn't be long till Santa would be in Yokohama.

I'd usually fall asleep, waiting for Santa. He spent an awfully long time over Hokkaido...

Seasonal Haiku 2015/12/26 07:17
It's Holiday time
Greet old friends; also the new
May New Year bring joy
by Lori (guest) rate this post as useful

End of the year 2015/12/26 11:42
Lori-san

Thank you for your good Haiku, it has elegant, "Omomuki".

Most of us are the winter holidays from the 29th. Japanese famiy house cleaning end of the year. And at the midnight, we can hear temple bell rung 108 times.

Question for U.S. Dependents 1940s-50s-60s 2015/12/29 13:28
Are any of you Army/Air Force (or Navy/Marine) "kids" from the era of the 1940s through 1960s aware of any forums like this one but for dependents who lived in Germany, specifically Stuttgart? Or do any of you have any recollections of Occupation and post-Occupation Germany you would be willing to share with me? I would particularly be interested in the similarities and contrasts between being a dependent in Japan and in Germany.

I have never figured out how people contact one another (although I know a number of people from "Navy Exchange was Where?" have reached one another) since the rules don't allow me to put my email address in this post. I'd appreciate knowing that secret, too. :)

Thanks!
by wata geiru rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2015/12/31 01:13
quick hint. insted of a period type in DOT. as in soandso dot com.
otherwise, if you know the full name, aprox age state you can find them using people finder ,another site like intellitus or white pages
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2015/12/31 08:22
Hi weta
here is a good way to contact others.
sign in as a user to jp guide and you can contact other users who must have already signed in..as i did.
brilliant hun ...
working on haiku...its slow..
happy new year to all [no thats not a haiku]
nh has been delightfully warm, until two days ago when we got 8inches of snow and ice.
by peter saunders rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2015/12/31 11:52
As 2015 draws to an end I want to wish all of my "Dokowa Yokohama Navy Exchange?" friends a prosperous and happy 2016. My resolution is to visit this site more often during the coming year. Geiru-san and anyone else who wants my contact info, I am officially signed in. Click on my profile and send me your contact info and I will reply with mine. Dave-san
by Dave Horne rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2016/1/2 09:10
I was a corpsman at Yokohama dispensery from 1966 to 1968. Lived in Nagishi Heights. Loved my tour.
by Joe West (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yokohama Navy Exchange was where? 2016/1/2 09:54
Joe
Almost certain we would have come in contact back then. i was with the veterinary detachment office very close to the dispensory.
do you remember a dr. coley ? my wife was there a lot as she had yokohama '' ashthma''. iwas there 67 - 69. glad you found us.
by peter saunders rate this post as useful

Welcome Joe West 2016/1/4 23:38
It's always good to hear from a new person who has fond memories of their time in Yokohama. I was lucky to have lived in the area twice. First in 1952 - 1954 as an Army dependant on Yamate cho and again as a Marine stationed at NAS Atsugi, a twenty minute train ride from Yokohama, in 1964 - 1965.
by Dave-san (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 194 of 233: Posts 3861 - 3880 of 4653
prev
1 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 233
next

reply to this thread