Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

Re: Action Figuers in Tokyo 2013/2/24 00:08
Thanks again, reprazent!

I checked both Yodobashi and Bic's websites, and searched for the items I am looking for, and was able to find one of them. The price was around $100 cheaper than online prices. I hope to find even a better deal at other shops.

I will do enough research to reduce the browsing time. I have some sightseeing to do too, which I'll try to do early in the morning, and then can give a couple of evenings to action figures.

Also, just wanted to ask, contemporary action figures, like those of Assassin's Creed, should be easily found, right?

Thanks for the help!
by mUntada rate this post as useful

Re: Action Figuers in Tokyo 2013/2/24 11:38
I was in Mandarake store Akihabara and I did see the item you mentioned on eBay.
They also have the black version at a very good price.
I also saw Combattler V & Mazinger..
Enjoy!
by grendizer7 rate this post as useful

Re: Action Figuers in Tokyo 2013/2/24 12:50
Oh, Grendizer himself replying, awesome! Thanks grendizer7. I would love to get something in diecast, I hope these places allow customers to check the items. Thanks again for the good news :)

Re: Action Figuers in Tokyo 2013/4/15 18:38
Thank you all. I just came back and wanted to add to this thread.

I've been to Nakano Broadway, and while the place has many stores, I wasn't able to find what I wanted.
I then went to Akihabara, and frankly, I find it to be the best place for action figures. I got a Grendizer set at Mandarake (they had three options; brand new, new with an opened box, and used - priced 18K, 13K and 12K, respectively). I also came across a store called 'Golden Age' or something to that effect. It is stacked with figures. There were many interesting stores. I had to get an Assassin's Creed figure, which I was able to find after much trouble.
I didn't get to go to Shibuya's Mandarake.

Re: Action Figuers in Tokyo 2013/4/15 20:19
Glad you found what you were looking for. ofcourse you need to be lucky at Mandarake. since their stock/inventory is totally random. But are you sure you visited the right Mandarake in Nakano? There's one that specializes in super robo stuff.

I'm just back from a short trip myself and have been to the mandarake in shibuya, what a dump the store was total a mess. First the smell... boxes everywhere, aisles so narrow that you can't even see what's on lower shelves without crouching. Not worth visiting IMO unless you enjoy this kind of thing :p
by reprazent rate this post as useful

Re: Action Figuers in Tokyo 2013/4/21 15:14
Hi reprazent,

I believe I have been to every corner of Nakano Broadway. I don't know if there was a Mandarake off of that shopping center.

Didn't know that the Shibuya store was like that, but good thing I found what I wanted in Akihabara.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

reply to this thread