Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

Re: Irezumi/ Traditional Tattoo Artist 2015/5/29 01:11
@anirudh412 I had to google that book. But looking from the pictures it should be possible to find someone that does that style, I mean it looks to me like most traditional irezumi suits do. the blotchy color work is probably cause by it being made by the Tebori technique.

Depending on how large a piece you are looking for, a couple of consecutive days with tattooing might help save on the ticket costs. But if you are looking into large scale work then you probably know that they take a lot of time so it's common for them taking years to become complete.

I don't have pieces done by the Tebori technique, Alex (Horikitsune) claims he is very fast at it. But I can imagine it's a much slower and more painful process. Why not do one session in tebori and have the rest of the work done by machine? If it's the same tattooer doing the whole piece it shouldn't affect the end result.
by Jill Julie rate this post as useful

Re: Irezumi/ Traditional Tattoo Artist 2015/5/29 01:20
Looking to get my entire chest and both legs done. So yeah, it's going to be a fairly big work. That's why I am being ultra picky about the artist.

Trust me when I say, it's not easy to find artists who have the same work as in that book. Nowadays it's all about using several bold colors and details. Or maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

I hope Crystal replies soon. If she can get me in with Horiyasu, it would be a dream come true.
by anirudh412 rate this post as useful

Re: Irezumi/ Traditional Tattoo Artist 2015/5/29 03:10
That is massive area to get tattooed, I'd guess it'll take quite a time to get it done.

Well I have only seen some of the books pictures through google, but it can be done. Why not try using Instagram and finding some of the old masters profiles and looking into the work of the people they follow? I ended up finding one of my favorite tattooers that way.
I'm personally quite found of details, I choose to get larger scale work so I can have as many details in a piece as possible. But that's how different people can be.

She posted on instagram that she was going to start replying email in the next few days, so hopefully you get a reply.

I'm saving up for a piece by Shige, I haven't decided what I want yet but I know I want a piece from him. (Even though I have been told he is evil man when he's tattooing hahahha )

Re: Irezumi/ Traditional Tattoo Artist 2015/5/29 03:26
Shige does do insane work! Have you already set up a date with him?

Yeah, I do exactly that myself. Am scouring the webs, insta and tumblr for anything. To be honest, I am enjoying the search quite a lot as well :)

by anirudh412 rate this post as useful

Re: Irezumi/ Traditional Tattoo Artist 2015/7/4 13:00
Sorry for the late reply, been very busy.

@anirudh412: No I haven't set up a date yet, since I'm not sure what I want I only emailed him regarding price and waiting list so I have an idea how long it will take.

Did you get a reply from Crystal?

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

reply to this thread