Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/22 07:24
@olivia

I'd say you have a higher chance than me to get it. I've never heard of a british citizen being rejected unless it was for very strong reasons (like having a criminal record or sth).
Let's just leave it at "northern europe" VS "southern europe".

Now that I think about it though, the UK has left the EU and I have no clue how the immigration agreements have changed... If you haven't already, maybe ask about this at the local embassy. They won't be able to tell you anything about your paperwork, but they should tell you if the immigration procedure framework has changed after brexit.
by Alya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/22 07:47
Alya;

The UK has NOT left the EU. Not yet. It will take at least 2 years.
by Dainichi Heater rate this post as useful

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/22 08:09
@dainichi heater

oh, my bad. Then the current accords should still be in place.
@olivia, it's just a waiting game then, sorry. GL!

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/22 10:35
I am very sad to know that. It's not fair. Sometimes the immigration's decision are strange. Now most of the people are getting 5 years working visa because Japan lack human resources. Now, 2 people came in my company, they got 5 years visa directly.
(Please, my life depends on getting this visa)
They never care about other's feeling, emotions if you dont satisfy their law. I experienced same. I had strong debate with immigration about it.
Here are few strange stories:
1)One african guy who is working as enginner since 15 year, He was getting 3 years visa on every extension but he never applied PR. Immigraion reduced his visa to 1 year after 15 years. He feel so frustrated.
2) I saw one indian guy who was deported for overstaying for more than 5 years. he again married a Japanese toursit girl in Indian court, he again came back to Japan and got PR. What a strange thing?
About your case, you have not done anything wrong, what the problem to get the visa? I saw an example of the Indian person who never had any experince in Japan, he got 1 year working visa then 3 years.
When deported person got PR just because he is married to Japanese girl. Why you dont get working visa? Japan is in need of foreign work force.
You can go to Homukyoku or court. After immigration, homukyokyu or court is the top body. Please let me know your email.
by Sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/22 10:54
@Alya

Honestly, nothing to do with nationality. I think you hinted before at being Italian. If true, then really, anyone from a nation that belongs to the EU stands pretty well in Japan. In that sense, you're actually privileged, so don't complain too much about the "northern vs. southern europe" thing.

There's people I know from countries around the world with a significantly less favorable reputation than "southern europe" that are getting work visas just fine.

I know you must feel frustrated with the results, but just think of this as a very unfortunate and rare case (of negligence on someone's side, maybe?) that has affected other people regardless of their nationality.

@olivia

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that in the absence of a professional degree, a minimum of 10 years of experience in the field are required for a work visa. I've heard in some cases it could be less, but you must prove outstanding qualifications in some other way. Not trying to make you worried, but just as an fyi.
by butabara (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/22 12:03
@butabara

Well, I see what you mean, but to be honest, in my circle of acquaintances, the last italian that got a working visa was over a year ago. All the others are either still waiting (since may, august) or have been denied like me.
In the mean time, friends from the Netherlands, the UK and scandianvian region are all getting their COEs in record time, often getting long visas at the same time (and with the same or lesser qualifications).
I suppose some nationalities have it worse than mine, but there seems to be a certain... trend? In the last year or so.
Maybe I just know unlucky people! But I speak for what I see :(

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/22 19:43
@butabara

for the visa I am applying for, it states a minimum of 3 years - I have 5 years within the specific field.

It's a stressful time. Good luck to all applying. x
by Olivia (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/23 11:34
Hi Alya,
I give you one suggestion, you directly take a appointment with top boss of that immigration. dont talk to the immigration officer who are in front office. One of my friend did that. Where are you at present?

by Sun (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Working visa denied 2017/2/23 12:03
@sun

Thank you for the information, but it's not possible any longer.
I am not in Japan at the moment, and I lost the job because of the rejected COE.
So now I'm back to square one in looking for a job.
Thank you again!

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

reply to this thread