Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 47
prev
1 2 3
next

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/7 15:47
Hi All,

Just to give you an update,

My wife was at Kagoshima immigration center today, she submitted all the paperwork, but the immigration officer was still insistent that they needed a marriage certificate for the UK. which I cannot provide as marriage took place in Japan.

anyway they then asked for the CNI, which was already issued to me and given to the local city hall for use when we got married, so my partner called the local city hall and they will give these copies of these documents to my wife who will then post them to the immigration office in Kagoshima.

apart from that we now have to wait for results, fingers crosses everything will be ok.

there was a couple of question about what airport I will next land at and what date? was a bit tricky to answers.

also if approved, I have to then to go the Japanese embassy in London for something else? not sure what.

thanks again for your help
by jkrobs rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/8 17:00
Just a further follow up, the extra details have been sent to the immigration office, everything is done now. so Just need to wait until around start of October! Fingers crossed.

thanks again for all your help everyone, I will let you know the results. :)

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/21 21:46
Hi all,

Today my Wife called the immigration office to find out status of my Visa.. It's only been 2 weeks, but we wanted to check.

anyway the lady said we should wait until October.. so we left it at that.. but then a man called my Wife this evening and started asking my Wife about her job, my job ect.

My wife pointed out that she had already written all this information down in the application.. so does not understand why they are asking for this again?

Do you think this is Normal?

I'm a little bit nervous..

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/22 04:05
Perhaps they are being extra careful since you only met 7 months ago. In person even 4 months ago. Put yourself in immigration's place, they will want to make sure it's not a fake marriage.

Just politely cooperate and wait, that is all you can do. Good luck!
by 88Tim rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/22 05:02
Thank you for your reply, sorry I'm just a little on edge.
I hope everything is ok :)

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/22 09:06
Today my Wife called the immigration office to find out status of my Visa

What you applied for is not a visa, it is a certificate of eligibility.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/22 11:18
A big applause for Firas, he is so smart

Back to the topic.
Immigration always check if you know each other well. Even if it is written, the immigration wants to confirm if she may really know or just to confirm. Every country has immigration doing different stuff to check.

You should not be worried. Just all you can do is being patient.

by justmyday (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/22 11:46
I know it's fashionable over here to dismiss the difference between CoE and visa as irrelevant, but if OP knew about it it would answer many of his questions, such as this one

also if approved, I have to then to go the Japanese embassy in London for something else? not sure what.

Yes, you will need to go to the embassy in London to apply for your visa.

Re: Spouse visa 2017/9/22 15:10
Thank you all for your help,

Firas, thanks for explaining about the visa and Coe

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 17:07
Hi All,

My wife and I have not yet received the COE.. It was 1 month Monday that it was applied for..

is it worth calling the Immigration office?

I'm a little on edge, but that is my nature..

What do you guys thing?

thanks

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 17:16
Don't bother calling, they will just tell you to wait. One month is not a long time; many people wait three months or more.

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 18:28
Ok Thank you,

They told my wife we should hear in about 1 month times, Or Mid October.

I hope the Coe is issued soon because my Child will be born in Mid February.

also I start my new job in March.

many thanks all

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 21:26
Sorry I have another question,

when I do get the Coe, It says I need to provide a copy of my wife's passport, but her current passport has her old Surname, not her new Surname.

the application for the Coe, uses her new surname, so should she get her passport changes asap to the new surname?

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 21:28
"It says", who says? Whoever it is, ask them.

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 21:36
Sorry I have another question,

when I do get the Coe, It says I need to provide a copy of my wife's passport, but her current passport has her old Surname, not her new Surname.

the application for the Coe, uses her new surname, so should she get her passport changes asap to the new surname?

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 21:37
Sorry I duplicated my post..

Firas, I tried to call the embassy, but just a looping message. sorry for bothering you with my question...

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 21:41
Sorry I made a mistake..

its this link

http://www.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/en/visa/pdf/Spouse%20of%20Japanese%20201...

this was only if you did not apply for a Coe.

but if you get Coe, Then you do not need to do it this way..

My fault

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/11 22:42
Dear all,

sorry for the messages today.. but I have 1 final concern..

Ok, my Wife started her job in March, but due to being pregnant now, she recently had been off sick from work due to morning sickness.. so she decided to quit her job as had been offer for most of september.

We applied for the Coe on the 7th September, she left her job on the 01th October.. We are a little worried this will effect the outcome of the Coe, as she had to provide her job details and also salary ect

would anyone have any experience of this?

Re: Spouse visa 2017/10/12 21:29
Sorry everyone for all the messages yesterday..

well today My wife was out.. but her mother told her the immigration people called up.

My wife is gonna call them back tomorrow, but we are a little nervous..

As I explained in my last post, My wife is my main sponsor, but she quit her job on the 01.10.17..

My wife is a bit nervous that maybe they are calling about this, but I told her it is very important she is honest with them about everything.

I'm not sure if its possible to change sponsors, Her father has his own real estate business, maybe he could be a sponsor. let's wait and see what they say tomorrow.

I'm a littl nervous..

Spouse visa 2017/10/12 22:35
jkrobs,please dont write your personal things (such as wife's morning sickness,going to sleep etc).I give you 100% surety you will get Japanese visa as well as you lived permanently with your Love one,until Death till apart.We,citizen of Third world country get Japanese visa,then why you will not get that one.
The whole world is beside you.But Dont give any pain to your Love one after getting Japanese visa.
by Den (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 47
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread