Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 21 of 21
prev
1 2

Re: Plan a trip for 8 days from tokyo to osaka 2018/2/19 17:04
Thanks to all those who assisted me with my trip plan I returned back home completing my Japan trip yesterday. I got immense help from all those who commented here. Having bought JR Pass my itinerary was as follows:

Day 1: Landed Tokyo (Narita) - took rest and roam around Shibuya streets and stayed overnight in Tokyo
Day 2: Activated JR Pass this day and Left for Echigo-Yuzawa via shinkansen (awesome snowfall was observed- lucky me) - Back to Tokyo for overnight stay
Day3: Headed to Kyoto via shinkansen - walked around station and destinations that can be reached via walking - Back to Tokyo for overnight stay ( I know this will be seemed as weird choice but I deducted 1 day from my Kyoto 3 nights stay to include Takayama later while I was in Japan)
Day 4: Tokyo- Odawara - dropped luggae at my Ryoken and headed for Hakone. (Bought 2 day pass worth 4000yen) went to Gora. took cable car, ropeway, Lake Ashi shuttle returned back to Odawara (for overnight stay) via Orange bus seervice covered by 2 day hakone pass
Day 5: Odawara - Hakone again via 45 min bus ride covered by hakone pass - went to Shrine spent some time around lake - back to Odawara to pick luggage and head to Kyoto for overnight stay
Day 6: Day trip in Kyoto via JR trains( note that I had covered some distance in kyoto by walk earlier in day 3 as well) - back to hotel for overnight stay
Day7: Kyoto- Takayama via Nagoya (Shinkansen to Nagoya+ Hida train to Takayama) The train tripfrom Nagoya to Takayama was awesome with breathtaking views I enjoyed this train trip most. day trip in Takayama via walk and back to Kyoto
Day 8: Kyoto- Osaka ( for my last destination overnight stay) - went to my AirBnB booked room , dropped luggage and headed towards Nara - Back to Osaka room
Day 9: Osaka - Kansai Airport

I thought to update my plan here as I find this site very useful for me may be other too find it useful reading my comments here. Thanks all again. I will visit Japan in spring again.

by Anish (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 21 of 21
prev
1 2

reply to this thread