Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Re: Changing jobs just before applying for PR? 2018/5/22 13:57
@opinion Did you actually report the job change to the immigration office while you were waiting for your permanent residence results or did you change jobs and not mention anything?

I'm sure some foreigners do this (not saying you did this) but I guess they would most likely have a new job 7 years later when they need to renew their permanent residence status for the first time. In this case, they would write down the current job, which would most likely be a different job.
by blondesurferboy rate this post as useful

Re: Changing jobs just before applying for PR? 2018/5/24 02:38
So I called the Japanese immigration office today and explained that I changed jobs.

They were really polite and told me that I can if I want but I'm not required to return there to fill out any kind of change of jobs form.

They said not to worry because they have my application which shows the proof of tax payment records with the previous school.

They also thanked me for being honest by letting them know of the job change over the phone as some foreigners don't do this.

So now I just have to wait and see if I obtain it later this year and reapply with a lawyer's help should I need to.
by blondesurferboy rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread