Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 32 of 32
prev
1 2

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/1 10:13
tt7,

Route 1 says:
Airport-Kyuko for HANEDA AIRPORT DOMESTIC TERMINAL

Is Kyuko the same as Keikyu? I was actually googling today looking for "kyuko line" but wasn't able to find the line map. In fact, when you type in the google search box for "kyuko line" or "kyuko line map", these search keys don't even come up. The "hyperdia.com" definitely helps me a lot but there are somethings still confusing.

by Sydney (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/1 10:18
"Airport-Kyuko" is a train operated by the Keikyu company.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/1 10:34
Thanks. I think I just have to play with this site and I should be OK.

Changing the subject slightly but still related. So I was reading about Suica & Pasmo. We'll be mostly spending our time within the Tokyo metropolis areas. Then one day take a Shinkansen to Kyoto for 1 night then come back to Tokyo. I know these loadable cards are available at Haneda. Which one should I buy?
I don't think they are the same. If they are, then there shouldn't two of them unless they are competitors.

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/1 11:29
Do you plan to return the card at the end of your trip? If yes, buy Pasmo since it has no handling fee for returning it. Otherwise they are the same.

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/1 16:26
Well, they are the same as far as you are concerned as a visitor. There are important differences between the two but they are only relevant to residents.

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/1 16:42
Is Kyuko the same as Keikyu? I was actually googling today looking for "kyuko line" but wasn't able to find the line map.

As I previously said “In your results, routes 1 and 5 both take the Keikyu line from Shinagawa. Click on the “interval timetable” link next to the train name to see all the trains for the day, where they stop (and what they are called)..

As for the Keikyu line map, if you search for “Keikyu line map” probably the first hit is this one .... https://www.haneda-tokyo-access.com/en/transport/trainlinemap.html

As for Suica and PASMO, there’s this useful site that explains all about them.... https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

by tt7 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/1 16:53
Kyuko 急行 and Keikyu 京急 is not the same. Kyuko means “fast going” train while Keikyu is the name of a specific rail company.
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/1 23:26
Thank you for clarifying what "Kyuko 急行 and Keikyu 京急" these mean. That explains why I couldn't find "kyuko line map" on google. :)

I downloaded these 3 apps last night - Hyperdia, Navitime and JapanTaxi. The Navitime app gives platform information as well. Both apps look very good to me. Not sure about JapanTaxi but I did register it just in case I need to activate my plan B. :) I think at this time, I feel pretty good with the metro and JR and thanks so much to all you guys who have contributed. Only concern I have is when we leave the airbnb place in Kinshicho. The flight leaves at 8.30AM on a Sunday. I'm guessing we need to leave the airbnb around 5.30AM and just kind of worry about transportation. Now that I know train connections from Kinshicho back to Haneda may be different depending on the time and day esp. during early weekends. The most straightforward route is Kinshicho (Sobu for Yokosuka) -> Shinagawa (take Keikyu) -> Haneda In't. I wont' know the routes until that day.

OK, I'm going to get PASMO based on your feedbacks. Yes, I plan to return it and get the unused money back if there's a lot on the card when I leave. Hopefully this is allowed. If there's not much on it, I'll just keep it. Maybe we'll just load $USD100 on arrival and get 3 of them since we've 3 travelers.

The airbnb place provides pocket-wifi. Not sure about the quality of the signal and a night charge will give enough juice for the day. I do plan to get a data SIM at Haneda and just plug it onto my unlocked Samsung Note 9. Any recommendation on data SIM? Without data, my apps will not work and that's not going to be fun. :)

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/2 01:06
I wont' know the routes until that day.

Why not? That's what those apps are for; you just need to set your departure date and time correctly.

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/2 01:12
For example if you were departing from Kinshicho this Sunday (3 March) at about 5:45 am, you have two one-transfer routes as shown here:

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=KINSHICHO&arv_n...

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/2 02:35
No, what I meant was if I put in future date/time, I'm not sure how accurate the results would be. My trip is a couple of months away. We'll be there for 9 days. I can run the apps again on arrival to get an idea. That ought to be more accurate than trying to find out now unless the Tokyo metro and JR in planning things out a few months away or they rarely alter their schedule/routes. That's what I was trying to say.

Re: Transportations from Haneda 2019/3/2 02:37
Meant to type "unless the Tokyo metro and JR are very good in planning things out a few months away..."

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 32 of 32
prev
1 2

reply to this thread