Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 66
prev
1 2 3 4
next

McDonalds 2005/10/27 12:12
I suspect that McDonalds has also had something to do with Burger King's demise.....

There was a Burger King just next to Shin Yokohama station. McDonalds had a place about 150m from there, and they then opened another McDonalds 3 doors away from Burger King. Burger King closed within 4-6 months after that.
There is now a First Kitchen there.
by Sandy rate this post as useful

odd... 2005/10/30 17:10
that's odd why are fast food chains going out of business in Japan? Wouldn't that effect the economy? I live in America 50th state and fast food chains are always there.
by Ant29 rate this post as useful

GO MOS BURGER!! 2005/11/3 14:56
heheh I ate at MOs Burger all the time.. chicken burgers were gooood :P
by Chris rate this post as useful

.. 2005/11/3 15:07
Ant you read incorrectly, fast food chains aren't going out of business, its that some chains are out of business due to other chains.
by .. rate this post as useful

Oatman Diner 2005/11/5 20:02
The Oatman Diner in Saitama is a great burger restaurant that will far outdo Burger King and help with homesickness. Check out their website and take a trip to Kawagoe. Check your guidebook for some of the sites out there and make a day of it.

http://www.oatman-diner.com
by Bobby rate this post as useful

MOS Burgers 2005/11/9 12:24
I have just got back from a 4 week holiday in Japan, and discovered MOS Burgers. It wasn't till i was sitting at Burger King at Sinagore Airport that i realised what i would be pineing for now was MOS ;) Thier spicey MOS Burger was to die for.....

Masato
by Masato rate this post as useful

Taco Bell, Burger King, and other stuff 2006/3/9 20:09
I know I am late coming to this topic, but here is my input.

There is a Burger King on base in Yokota. It was never an issue to me, since the only thing I eat at Burger King is their fish sandwich. Their burgers are not so good, but their fish sandwich is ok.

McDonald's is everywhere. @If you are a military person reading this, I sugest checking out the McDonald's off base. The menu is better, but the drinks are smaller.

I have only seen one Taco Bell so far. That is on base at the Yokosuka Naval Base. I think you can get to it during friendship day, but I am not sure.

I know people cart off pizzas by the dozen. :P They are cheaper on base, and I think they like the American style crust.

by Emry rate this post as useful

can't find BK 2006/10/12 10:27
I have no idea, Residents tell me there's no more BK for civilian people in JPN but there is a new burger place in Odaiba near the statue of liberty it's a hawaiian joint very expensive but really goooood.
uhh I'm hungry.
by Marco@Tokyo rate this post as useful

Good burgers 2006/10/12 10:52
The one in Odaiba is part of a chain called Kua Aina. You can find it in several places in Tokyo. Burgers are excellent! I miss BK, though...
by Niclas Ericsson rate this post as useful

.. 2006/10/12 14:13
That burger place has been there for a while, so I wouldn't categorize it as "new".
by .. rate this post as useful

Burger threads never die 2006/10/12 14:58
This thread is like an old friend you always run into it from time to time. If any of you fast food junkies in the Kansai area don't know yet. That (Kind of new) mall just south of the bridge to Kansai airport. I think its called "Aeon" they have a "WENDY'S) with Frosty's Cheese Fries, Chilli, even the triple Cheese Burger, oh and Baked potatoe's "Loaded" with cheese, bacon, sour cream, and chives.
by Redrum rate this post as useful

Hands down 2006/12/5 13:06
Best burger in Tokyo.
by Burger rate this post as useful

Burger threads never die... 2006/12/16 22:35
Sorry for reviving this old thread yet again, but good news for Burger King fans...

Apparently at least one BK will be opening in Tokyo some time next summer. While last time they were run by the Seibu Group, this time it will be owned by Lotte - which is kind of bizarre considering they have their own Lotteria burger chain.
Anyway, watch this space!
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

... 2006/12/16 23:13
I read today that Burger King plans to return to Japan with 100 stores over the next 5 years.
by Uji rate this post as useful

I know where it is ! 2006/12/17 22:04
The only burger king in Japan is on the US military base.
by Kyoko rate this post as useful

. 2006/12/18 00:59
I just tasted the latest interpretation of the TAKUMI burger at GREEN MOS BURGER. It comes with a demi-glace and soya based sauce, with optional raw wasabi.

Score = 9/10. Really juicy patty and big as well. The patty size has grown significantly this time around, probably after I formally made a complaint to MOS before for getting a niggardly sized patty from the previous 1000Yen burgers. The bread this time is more like sliced toast so beward. Its really great and 640Yen is good value, though no vegies except onions.

And then I ate at Freshness Burger. Its wonderful. The burgers are better than MOS's normal burgers for certain. MOS's top end burger barely beats it.

Burger King isn't as sophisticated as the Japanese burgers in taste, honestly speaking, although its still great and the flame grill has a nice burnt aroma.
by ROUGE. rate this post as useful

Burger King is back 2007/3/9 14:17
Coming to Japan in Summer 2007!!! See Wiki!
by BurgerInfo rate this post as useful

Good Burgers and Shakes 2007/3/9 17:23
Does anyone else remember the Johnny Rockets (hamburgers) in Tokyo (near Ark Hills)? Is there another one anywhere in Tokyo? I don't crave the usual fast foods, but in a two week trip to Japan, there's time for both local foods and some comfort food. Would you recommend Mo's Burgers be a step above McD's? Which of the Mo's is best and doesn't have some sort of mayo-based sauce?

I like the old fashioned taste of 'Japanese Hamburger Steak', reminds me of the way my parents made it when I grew up (I'm 49).
by ms rate this post as useful

T.G.I. Fridays 2007/3/11 21:01
. . . in Roppongi has great burgers and stuff !
by lee rate this post as useful

Mos without the mayo sauce 2007/3/13 15:36
ms: I don't think Mos uses too much mayo sauce. The sandwich they call "Mos" burger has more of a "spaghetti meat sauce"-like topping (sans pasta, of course!)
They also have spicy Mos, that's got tangy bits of Jalapeno in the topping.
by SpanishWine rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 66
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread