Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 45
prev
1 2 3
next

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/4 09:25
Ep str,

Congratulations !! Enjoy your new citizenship ;)

Ifm happy for you and sad for all the people, me included, that will have to wait 2 years in total. But itfs still good to know what to expect.

I will write here if I hear something new regarding my application.

by Waiting for naturalization (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/4 09:44
Congratulations Ep str!

It means I still have another year to wait. So I am thinking, it is still OK for me to quit my job now and transfer to a new employer.

Waiting for the result is the hardest.
by girlie7192 rate this post as useful

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/4 14:46
Ep str

Congratulations! This is really good news for all of us waiting for news. I'd worried things had nearly stopped altogether with COVID-19, so this is a relief. 18 months from the interview is about 3x the length of time my local office quoted, I wonder if that standard will continue or if things are speeding up.

Good luck to the rest of us waiting. Seems like there is a light at the end of the tunnel coming.
by Bird (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/12 11:30
Girlie7192,

Did you receive a call from homukyoku to confirm that your situation is still the same?

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/12 16:22
Ep str,
how much time did you wait between the verification call and hearing about the result.
Regards,

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/13 15:05
Is anyone aware if the Minister of Justice is back at full work capacity now that the state of emergency is over? I'm hoping the delays have ended so we can get back to a shorter timeline asap

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/13 16:57
From the number of pple being naturalized, it seems that they got back to the normal speed.
My friend got the last verification call few days ago after about 9 or 10 months waiting but we donft know how long does it take to get the result and see the name published in kanpou.

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/13 23:16
That's great news. Do you guys have any other resources to check in on people who have applied?

I only check this forum and reddit, but as there are so few of us I would love to find other places to discuss the process and cross check information.

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/15 02:15
I would love to find a space to talk with others Going through the same process.
Bird, when did you have you interview?

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/15 08:10
I got a call from houmukyouku around the first week of June confirming my new work that I moved into last April1st. But because of the effect of corona to companies, I moved into another company and started working there only last June 9. I will mail documents to houmukyoku to inform them of the changes. So I guess, my waiting time will be extendes.

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/15 10:30
I had my interview in April. I live in a small prefecture with a low number of cases for Naturalization, so they told me I should have my answer in 6 months (October) under normal circumstances but the chance of delay due to COVID-19 was "high".
No idea how much delay I should expect, I'm hoping no more than two months since Tokyo's state of emergency ended in June.

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/16 09:04
@ girlie7192, now your have to change resume, you have to give the details of new company salary slip etc, map of the company. When I changed the job during application, there were many changed items which I need to reflect and submit
by Guest C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/17 00:50
After waiting 9 months, I also received a verification call to make sure that nothing changed (job-address...)
Itfs good to know that my application is not being ignored.

Is there anyone Who knows How much time needed between the verification call and the result?

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/17 17:46
Congratulations on the update call, @ waiting. Keep us updated if you have time. Do you mind saying what prefecture you submitted in?
(I'm trying to form an educated guess of my waiting time based on what my local houmukyoku told me vs what the speed under the current COVID situation is to do some planning.)

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/18 19:33
I applied from Osaka.
I donft know how much time should I wait to get the final result though.
If someone knows, please drop a line

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/6/19 14:03
Thanks for the info @ waiting. That's pretty good news re: speed IMO if you're from a big city. Seems like they're back on track.
Sorry I don't know more about the final processing/kanpou update timeline other than what has been written elsewhere (ie "a couple of weeks"). Finger's crossed!

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/7/18 21:38
Thanks guys,
Just for info, I had to wait for 2 more weeks to get the final positive result. I went for get the « certificate » that I took to the ward office and applied for the Koseki.

Does anyone know the address I have to send my residence card to???

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/7/20 09:46
Anything is possible. It honestly is a case by case situation for every single person. As far as the situation goes right now, there are obviosuly a lot of people trying to get back to Japan, filing for visas, etc. at immigration. I would personally not worry too much about it and it will happen.

If you're still waiting and it hasn't happened, you could always contact the local immigration/government place that you filed and then see the status. Sometimes it just takes a while to process things.
by TonyMontana1 rate this post as useful

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/7/20 14:35
@TonyMontana1 Do you have any personal experience with naturalization that would help us take it in stride? The global situation had made me even more impatient to finish this process so I feel safer and more protected here than my home country. It would also be nice to be able to come and go with quarantine like citizens can, because right now in case of emergency, I'm stuck. Ugh

Re: Will naturalization result be delayed? 2020/7/25 11:40
Waiting for naturalization, congratulations!

Regarding your residence card, you should surrender it to the immigration office and show them proof that you are already a japansese citizen.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 45
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread