Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

Re: Any resource to help pay taxes? 2021/1/24 14:24
To reply to Uco, I work online remotely, I don't need japanese for that :)
by CaptNemo rate this post as useful

Re: Any resource to help pay taxes? 2021/1/24 15:19
I assume it has to be some special paper or document they provide?

No, it doesn't. I always use a regular printer and regular white papers to print out forms from my software. No problem. My software is old, so the form I print out says "Heisei" but I draw two lines over it and write "Reiwa" above it, stamp my correction stamp, and they always accept it.

Make sure you have copies for your own. You can easily make copies by using "real" carbon sheets to pen both your copy and the original at the same time.

You can send your printed papers via postal mail, but if you bring it to your local tax office, they will make sure you've filled out everything, put a stamp for approval, and accept it. If they find anything wrong, you can correct it at the spot, which would save you time.

Again, however, I do think this would be a great opportunity and excuse for you to get to know someone who can do some simple interpreting for you. That would eventually save you time and energy, plus, you need people like that if you're single-parenting in Japan.

Hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Any resource to help pay taxes? 2021/1/24 16:22
Sorry if my reply sounded irritating. It should be because your posts are irritating because you only blame the system and people working around the tax, not for your personal situation that is not they are not responsible for.

As you know, you are expected to sort things out following the procedure your host country offers. And I believe a lot of non-Japanese have dealt with it without a problem, just like AK's husband. (Did you even read the document in English she uploaded? Only if you did, you should have known what to do for the tax refund.)
Good luck.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Any resource to help pay taxes? 2021/1/26 09:42
@Uco
Awesome, thanks a lot! Will do that :)
by CaptNemo rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 24 of 24
prev
1 2

reply to this thread