Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 49
prev
1 2 3
next

Japanese Hip Hop 2006/2/27 16:47
I highly recommend DJ Krush-a little like DJ Shadow
I have been told Blue Herb (underground i think)is really good too but have not had the chance to check it out yet
In HMV I have seen Zeebra and Dabo advertised but i think they are commercial.
by O rate this post as useful

Japanese/American 2006/3/10 16:56
Are there any good Japanese/American rappers that include both languages and blend them into 1?

-MEDINA

PREVIEW RAP/Hip Hop/R&B BEATS:
www.100banginbeats.com
Spread Da Word Yall! PEACE!
by MEDINA rate this post as useful

japanese hip hop mixtapes 2006/3/18 22:22
http://www.mix-tapes.de/modules.php
Hello,if you follow this will take you to a links page where about 3/4 of the way down you will find some links to 3 free japanese hip hop mixtapes.Hope it helps.
by craig sermon rate this post as useful

My Japanese Artists 2006/3/19 09:12
I am a Big Jpop FAN. Here are my lists in roder of how I like them.

1.Kwon BoA [BoA]
She's talented, not slu'tty. The Asian version of Brittney Spears becuase she is widely popular in Asia. Can speak Japanese,English,Korean. and Mandarin Chinese all fluently.
She is soo popular in Japan and Korea that she has two Official Websites fro btho countries. She has big un-official fan made websites made by her English Fans. The only foriegn artist to be relaly popular in Japan becuase she is Korean. Only foreign artist to reahc #1 on Japanese Oricon Charts numerous times in the past decade. Her latest album Outgrow was number one at the chartr fro 3 weeks.

2.Koda Kumi [Koda]
She is pretty cool! The Christian Aguilera version of Jpop. Koda shows alot of skin, makign her very popular to boys in Japan. Not afraid to shwo off ehr hot bdoy, but she has rcently gone to a major change. From slu''t in her new album whcih is currently at the top of albums charts, shwos her cute side. She can speak Japanese and conversational English and had 2 American singles which was #18, #19, and #1 in the Billboard top 100 Best Dance mix at 2000 and 2001.

3.Utada Hikaru [Hikki] [Utada]
Woot Woot! this gurl rocks! Had alot of albums that where BIG hits in japan. Only japanese fmelae artist to have big sale sin her albums, the only japanese artist to have a big slae on her debut album. Can speak fluent japanese and English. "Utada" as she is known U.S is the only Japanese Pop Artist to have scored a record contract with American Music label Island Deffjam Records [Has mariah Craye, Sum 41, fefe dobson, and lost of artists]. SHe has a big chance to be a big star in U.S btu lately her English songs havent been soo popualr. Her new English song "You amke me wnat to be a man" wans't a big hit, but her first one "Easy breezy" did okay in Radio Stations. She just eneds to write a godo English song and she cna be a Popular artist in japan and America. Currnetly ehr latest Single "Kepe tryin" was number one on the oricon charts for 2 weeks.

4.Heartsdales [Jewels and Rum]
Ahh! These duo are great singers, Speaks English and Japanese, raised in Hartsdale, Newyork living there for 13 years. Jewels and rum ahve a mix of R&B/Jpop/ and Rap. Jewels tend to rap, while Rum does the soft voices in there songs but she also raps. There latest single "Fuyu Gonan Love" in Japanese and in English "Who you gonna love" didn't do so good, but it reached top 30 in the charts.
Interesting fact: Jewels takes Kendo classes and is 2nd Degree. They also make almost daily posts in tehre offical website.

5.Ayumi Hamasaki
Not such a big fan of her, but she si okay. Has alot of albums and singles I can't even count. released some of her single sin germany and Europe also America which did GREAT! OSme of her songs went to the Billboard top 100 dances mixes. Veyr popualr in Japan for her big anime like eyes, and cute voice. She is fmaosu for her japanese cltohign brand "MATERIAL GIRL" and her plastic dolls called "Ayupan".

Taht's my list! Byebye!
by Archangel rate this post as useful

traveler from japan 2006/4/17 04:47
well i think i don't really kow so info me please i really don't know i love cartoons and song put how do they go around the world if they don't know any kind of languages like t.a.t.u they came from russia and they kind of speak english so i don't know :-(
by cristina rate this post as useful

artists 2007/2/16 12:15
2 really good female rap artists are

hime
tigarah

they 2 of my fav
by r6stunner rate this post as useful

Ai is amazing! 2007/2/17 11:52
I love Ai she is amazing.
She has a great voice!
by beachlover rate this post as useful

Hip Hop 2007/4/24 10:48
First off, Koda Kumi is so not hip hop, she`s confused. Still being one of my top favs in Japan though. Also BoA and all these other artist are not hip hop, they are pop and labeled as pop artists.

I say...
-m-flo
-Miliyah
-AI
-RUMI
-Heartsdales (sad that they have dissolved, I loved them)

There`s alot, and some a lot better than the artist I listed...I just did the most famous so you can find a lot of info on them. Go to jpopmusic J-Urban section to find some stuff.
by minimaru GT rate this post as useful

3Style 2007/5/26 20:03
3Style are very popular with japanese youth.
I hope you like them to
Check them out on You tube
3Style Crosstown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhfCjTF1u6k
by Mani rate this post as useful

jhiphop 2007/7/25 15:52
Well Namie Amuro is Hip-POP.
Sometimes Koda Kumi has Hip-hop
songs like, ''Hot Stuff''.
M-flo and Teriyaki Boyz are kinda Hip-hop. ;)
by Haruka rate this post as useful

how many asia star in japan? 2007/7/25 18:50

i heard many asia star in japan.
then, how many asia star in japan(ex. se7en.boa.k.dong bang sin gi.....etc) and how many asia star activity in japan????
by star rate this post as useful

GAGLE 2007/7/25 21:01
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the greatest hip-hop band ever to come out of Japan; GAGLE! Look no further for the freshest of the fresh.

Also, why do so many insist on recommending jpop artists that aren't even remotely related to hip-hop in a thread about hip-hop artists??
by TestType rate this post as useful

star, 2007/7/26 04:54
There are alot of active Asian stars in Japan, too many to count exactly but like you said Korean artist Se7en, DongBang, Shinhwa, SunMin, CSJH The Grace, etc...are popular, even Super Junior though they haven't released anything in Japan they are still very popular. If you go to Avex Asia, I think they have a list of active artist in Japan because its based in Taiwan (I think). But it`s in Chinese, which I don't speak.

Also ZEEBRA is very established in Japan, great rapper but not the best.
by mihimaru GT rate this post as useful

Hip-hop and pop are not one and the same 2007/8/21 08:23
Hmmm, I agree test type-there is definitely some confusion here on what is hip-hop and what is pop! Top 5 hip-hop/rap artists I believe was my original question, but thatnk you all for the input-
by Stan rate this post as useful

Breakthrough are the best 2007/8/23 04:36
You could try myspace.com/gavpantone for a start. This label are releasing their fourth album on the 24th of September 2007 and all of their albums feature Japanese hip-hop and rap.
by Chris rate this post as useful

Wha . . . ? 2007/9/2 02:20
How come no one mentioned Crystal Kay? She's a fantabulous(lol) Hip-Hop and R&B artist. She debuted when she was 13, and is still going strong! Yay, Kuri-chan~ Her mother is half Japanese, half Korean, and her father is African American. She's very pretty, as well as talented. Some of her songs are also in English... She's a very down-to-earth kind of girl. Lots o' singing talent. Other than that, all the other possible ones have been mentioned.

Bye-Bye!
by Kuri Fan rate this post as useful

...but where can i see hip hop in japan? 2007/9/10 02:58
good suggestions but where can i find a good club for hip hop, electro, drum & bass etc?? Tokyo or osaka please
by rich rate this post as useful

yeah 2007/11/12 13:52
drunken tiger is better than all these crab mc's and hes great real hiphop
by dgreco rate this post as useful

rumi, blue herb 2008/6/5 19:56
my favorite artists at the moment are
Rumi
Tha Blue Herb
K Dub Shine
Nitro Microphone Underground
by christina rate this post as useful

Here is another artist to check out. 2008/6/6 00:30
Another good rap/hip hop artist is Sphere of Influence he's really good.He's raps in English and Japanese.He did a song with Chinese-American rap artist Jin awhile back called Yo!Yo!Ma.Oh,yeah his older brother is Zeebra(the DMX of Japan!)

Dabo is really good too.

Hope this helps some.
by Adrienne rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 3: Posts 21 - 40 of 49
prev
1 2 3
next

reply to this thread