Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 34 of 34
prev
1 2

Is Miso soup Halal 2006/1/26 02:42
Hello, i wonder whether Miso soup is halal and can be eaten by muslim or not?
by Asyraf rate this post as useful

Miso soup 2006/1/26 18:42
Usually miso soup has some fish broth in it, sometimes it's vegetarian. I live far from a big city so there are no vegetarian groceries or restaurants here. One thing I recommend - shoyu udon. It has no broth, only noodles, tempura crispies, green onions and mountain potato. Enjoy!
by Jocelyn rate this post as useful

Instant Miso soup with cooking sake 2006/1/26 20:59
My friend gave me some packets of Instant Misou soup. In its ingredients, it has cooking sake inside it. Thus, is the soup halan and okay to eat?

Spelling error 2006/1/26 21:14
There is a spelling error in the previous question.the word 'halan' should change to 'halal'

Miso soup 2006/1/29 16:06
Asyraf,
if the miso is prepared with sake or mirin, then it is definitely haram! All alcohol substance is haram, no matter how much sake/mirin/alcohol there is in the food (just a little or a lot, alcohol is still haram).
Hope that can help.
by Mutiara rate this post as useful

Muslim in tokyo :-)) 2006/10/12 18:17
Al Salam' 'Alaikum.
I'm arab muslim 33 years old man.
i live & work in Tokyo-to.
eating at home is cheaper and more yummy! than eating out, even though i love frinsh frise''makku no potato'' :-))..sometimes.
for people who wants to learn about islam i suggest they contact an arab-muslim person, and there is so many in Japan. or me directly at the following email: aminsan1@yahoo.com
and my pleasure to help anyone with any question or any matter.
REGARDS
Amin
by Amin rate this post as useful

Sea food 2006/10/12 18:27
Sea food is HALAL as a muslim.
JUST AVOID:
1- alchohol.
2- meat.
thats it.... life is easy.
Amin
aminsan1@yahoo.com

Open Buffet 2006/10/12 18:40
i take my self :-) and my friends to an open buffei restaurant.
they/you.. are free to eat what ever you want, as much as you want.
Good luck everyone.
aminsan1@yahoo.com

Wow, this thread is still alive! 2006/10/17 14:49
Hi,
I started this topic and am happily surprised that it's still alive!
Amin-san, is there any buffet you recommended?

And, I got anxious when reading the questions on miso soup and look into it a little....then, oooops! Miso and soy sauce uses "koji" which is a kind of yeast and produce a little alcohol if rice or wheat is used with it! As most of miso or soy sauce manufacturer use one of them, I could find only a few alcohol-free exception (some haccho-miso or tamari soy sauce manufacturers around Nagoya area ).
Should I regard miso and soy sauce haram? If yes, how about bread made with yeast?
by Teku rate this post as useful

utensils 2006/12/23 21:38
hi i understand that seafood is halal but what about the case of the utensils used in the preparation itself? there may be a case whereby the utensil used to cook for non halal ingredients were to be used to cook the seafood dish. so wouldn't it be impermissible to eat them anymore? lol cause i went to germany and its so hard to eat halal food and i've always encounter the above mentioned senario. and im looking forward to travel in japan soon
by shaf rate this post as useful

utensils 2006/12/23 21:41
opps i meant hard difficult to find halal food
by shaf rate this post as useful

Utensils won't be a big problem.... 2006/12/25 12:00
Hi, shaf
Japanese also complain about utensils when they go to Germany - so you are not alone. Feel safe.
As one of Japaneses, I feel very uncomfortable to use same utensil unwashed for seafood after using it for meat, unless the both are served in a same plate. For example, many cutting board is printed a fish mark in one side, so that we can use it only for seafood, and will disinfect it thoroughly if we want to use the other side. So I don't think utensil can be a big problem. At least, in a tempura restaurant (not a cheap tendon bar), only haram food is ''tentsuyu'' source usually served with a special ladle, and I cannot think of any cooking step that can share utensils with other incredients. Or, you can sit on a counter stool on a sushi bar (not a roundabout one) so that you can check everything served in a glass case, usually only seafood and vegitable, and watch the knife and the cutting board would stay there except when washed or ground.
by Teku rate this post as useful

thank you everyone from this thread 2007/3/31 13:45
i would like to extend my gratitude to those involved in this forum ever since two years ago.
I am an undergraduate from National University of Singapore (NUS). [Singapore used to be named shin-to, fyi] I am a muslim doing a research on Islam in Japan, ranging from social differences and idoelogy. So if any one of you wants to make a little contribution of ur ideas do email me at fo_sue@hotmail.com.
by eusof rate this post as useful

solution 2008/5/22 22:48
well muslims do not eat pork but they can eat beef and anything else, they can just say the name of god before eating in desperate cases ( since halal means that the man who slotered the animal should have said the name of god and did not use an unhuman way in killing the animal) it's okay i am a muslim and i do that when i travel because it's really hard to find halal resturtants
by lina rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 34 of 34
prev
1 2

reply to this thread