Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

reply 2008/10/12 14:07
Each shrine has different procedures. They walked us through the procedure beforehand but there was no real rehearsal. The interpreter translated for us and was required by the shrine. It was a good thing to, because we wouldn't have known what to do without her. She translated during the entire ceremony. They showed me how to offer the branch before the ceremony began. You should check with whichever shrine you choose on their procedure and if they offer rehearsals.

Josh
by Josh rate this post as useful

November 2009 wedding in Tokyo 2008/10/20 22:17
My fiance and I are also keen for a wedding in Tokyo. I would like my guests to stay in shinjuku, to experience a real tokyo. Could anyone suggest shines / parks in the area that will show Tokyo autumn at its most beautiful.

Also, does anyone know of a good place to hire kimono for my bridesmaids?

by Sally K rate this post as useful

Shinjuku area 2008/10/20 22:30
Meiji Shrine near Harajuku station (2 stations from Shinjuku) would be good. Shinjuku Gyoen is a lovely park in Shinjuku (there is a small entrance fee).
Whether Shinjuku is the "real Tokyo" is open to debate though! Many people would say Shinjuku only shows the modern, commercial aspect of Tokyo.
by Sira rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

reply to this thread