Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 63
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Many, many thanks 2006/9/27 00:39
Thank you all for the recipes. Have been away for a while and was happily surprised by the great response i got on this question on my return. Will try them all. Again, many thanks
by Sherry rate this post as useful

Try this recipe for sauce 2006/10/31 01:56
Sherry and all. I to crave this sauce. I have been trying and looking for a very long time. Altough I have not tried this recipe yet, it looks promising. Look at this website: Astray Recipes Sesame sauce for meat
by Caroline rate this post as useful

I Tried it! 2006/11/1 03:06
I made the Sesame Sauce from Astray (same as Shauneen's, but with further instructions. It was close if not exactly the same as the Japanese Village. I have also found the recipe for the Ginger Sauce and the Salad Dressing, but have not tried them yet. I will let you all know.
by Caroline rate this post as useful

Hmmm steak sauce 2006/11/4 13:36
I know exactly the craving. Even worse, I work right in front of Japanese Village... Azuma Sushi has some good steak sauce too.

I tried the recipe posted by Shauneen: the taste is close, but the consistency is very different. This one feels like there's way too much oil in it. And it's not creamy at all.

I would seriously be ready to pay the person who will get me the real recipe. It's THAT addictive. $20. Come on! :)
by Marie rate this post as useful

i LoVE the sauce too! 2006/11/10 09:25
hello all!!im in tennessee and we have this great little place down here where i go to eat.(i've been there three times this week)its really expensive ,but well worth it up until this point..i decided to find this recipe for "white sauce or shrimp sauce)to save some dough..im not sure why its called shrimp sauce because it dosent look like the sauce we have at the store..thanks for the recipe..i can not wait to try it!!!
by erinwntrs rate this post as useful

miso mayonnaise? 2006/11/11 07:36
Marie - If it is oily rather than creamy, you might have added the oil too fast, and the sauce broke. Try pouring a very thin stream of oil with your blender on high speed.
Erin - The white shrimp sauce you are looking for might be Miso Mayonnaise.
by Shauneen rate this post as useful

good sauce 2006/11/14 17:44
sherry,
it depends, if its steamed white then just add in a bowl: little of: Mirin, rice vinegar and sesame oil and sprinkle some sesame seeds or shreded nori or Togarashi powder on top. and if its mixed fried or other, then u only can add little soy sauce along with sesame oil.
enjoy
by japonais rate this post as useful

. 2006/11/15 00:57
I actually made this sauce according to recipe on previous page, to go with my thin steak, some time ago.

It wasn't too oily for me. In fact I made it a few days in advance and I was surprised the oil didn't separate itself.

It reminds me of the sauce that some Chinese owner opening a Japanese restaurant in Melbourne, uses on their small teppan steaks/kitchens. It is delicious, never mind that is doesn't taste Japanese or Chinese - its just something different :)
by ROUGE. rate this post as useful

What I was told 2006/11/22 07:32
I was told by one of the cooks that they use some rice wine and melted butter not oil...try it and see if it makes a difference. I hear what you are all saying though it is addictive!
by JC rate this post as useful

Ginger sauce for seafood and veggies 2006/11/25 05:52
I tried Lori's recipe on the previous page for the ginger sauce but found it too thin so I did some experimenting. Since miso is often used as a base for soups and sauces in Japanese cooking I substituted 2 Tbsp of miso for the 2Tbsp of water and used the tamari soy sauce rather than regular soy sauce. The color,consistency and taste seen right.
by Annette rate this post as useful

I have question 2007/1/8 08:03
I'M SORRY BUT i'M NEW TO YHIS AND COULDN'T FIND WHERE TO POST QUESTIONS. MY SISTER WENT TO THE JAPANESE RESTURANT IN HER TOWN. iT'S THE HIBACHI STEAK HOUSE. THE SAUCE SHE WANTS TO GET THE RECIPE FOR THEIR YUM YUM SAUCE. CAN ANYONE HELP? THANKS DEB
by Deb Hulley rate this post as useful

Yum Yum Sauce Recipe 2007/1/16 01:30
I just googled "yum yum sauce recipe" and got this site - http://www.japanese-steakhouse-white-sauce.com/ It sound like this might be the 'shrimp sauce' that was asked about earlier. I have not tried this recipe, and don't think I've had this sauce in a restaurant.
by Shauneen rate this post as useful

steak sauce recipe!! 2007/2/14 10:18
mix water with 4tsp mustard powder until creamy set aside 10 mins.
In a blender 1/2 cup onion chunks, 2 garlic cloves. chopy chop. add 2/3 cup oil, and 2/3 cup TAMARI soy sauce, and mustard mix. blend until smoothie.
In a bowl mix 2 tbsp flour with 1 cup half and half cream.
Put blended mixture in a medium sauce pan. heat med high heat, stirring constantly until it comes to a gentle boil. pour flour mixture in and keep stirrin until the sauce thickens and coats the spoon, not clump. take off heat and let it cool before you get down. freezing it make it better.
by dan rate this post as useful

Pls get authentic sesame sauce recipe! 2007/2/25 04:20
Please someone get the authentic recipe for the Japamese Village sesame steak sauce! We used to go to the Ottawa Japanese Village restaurant while we lived there and we were hooked on the same sauce.They told us it had sesame, soy sacue, and cream in it - not sure what else.They referred to it as sesame sauce. Would love to be able to make it since we no longer live in Ottawa - it is to die for - seriously! Maybe someone who is currently a Japanese Village Restaurant customer could ask a cook or proprietor and please post it here for all us addicts to enjoy! :-) Thanks so much!
by Anne rate this post as useful

I'm not alone... 2007/2/26 06:52
Found this thread because I too crave the magic of the sauce... at home. In describing it to both Japanese friends and gourmet store owners they seem to come universally to the conclusion that it is a sesame steak sauce. I have found a number of recipes today in my search so will start trying them. Look forward to someone working out the alchemy...
by tjs rate this post as useful

Found It !!! ???? 2007/2/26 07:00
I just found this recipe posted in 'Kids In Victoria' which claims to be the actual Japanese Village recipe. Don't know but I'm going to try it...

1/2 Cup of YAMASA Soy Sause. (it has to be this kind) Find it at Thrifty's
1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
1 Egg yolk
2 Tbsp Diced onion
2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
2 Tbsp Sesame seads (optional)
1/4 Cup Whipping cream
Blend in blender until smooth and don't add extra salt!
Better if made and hour before serving and don't keep for more than a day because of the raw egg in it.
by Tim rate this post as useful

Not quite there yet... 2007/2/27 05:53
I think the recipe probably has crushed sesame seeds in it - a fair amount too which I suspect gives it the thickness that the sauce has. I bought some tahini to use when I try to duplicate it. There must be someone who has managed to get the authentic recipe.....just have to find them and beg them to share!I don't live in Canada anymore or I would go to the closest Japanese Village restaurant and at least try to get them to tell me the ingredients that are in it.They were always evasive, though, when I used to ask......

JV steak sauce 2007/3/21 04:02
I havnt tried the recipe yet but ive heaard it tastes very similar. Japanese Village Steak Sauce

1/2 Cup of YAMASA Soy Sause. (it has to be this kind) Find it at Thrifty's
1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
1 Egg yolk
2 Tbsp Diced onion
2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
2 Tbsp Sesame seads (optional)
1/4 Cup Whipping cream
Blend in blender until smooth and don't add extra salt!
Better if made and hour before serving and don't keep for more than a day because of the raw egg in it.
by Leah rate this post as useful

Leah's recipe 2007/3/31 02:22
I'm very curious about Leah's recipe.. Has anyone tried it?
by Marie rate this post as useful

I will try making a small batch of it 2007/3/31 08:48
I will try making a small batch of this recipe - hopefully will get it done this weekend. Will let you know how it turns out.

Page 2 of 4: Posts 21 - 40 of 63
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread