Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

Free N Easy in Hokkaido 2007/1/11 13:30
Thanks CF for your useful information. Actually, I'm still pretty undecisive whether to spend 2 nites @Noboribetsu or to spend a nite @Noboribetsu and a nite @Otaru. As I'm travelling with toddlers, find it pretty inconvenient to move abt too much. I had even tot of driving to Otaru from Noboribetsu after visiting Ainu Musuem & Edo Wonderland so skipping the 2nd nite @Noboribetsu but not sure how convenient it is to drive as my hb has not driven on snowy road before, we are coming from Singapore. Can u advise?
by oiishi rate this post as useful

we found Otaru quite quiet at night 2007/1/12 04:02
(in mid October 2005). It seemed like a lot of people were day-visitors, and it was a challenge to find many places open for food after 6 or 7pm (but perfectly manageable with a bit of walking around). You could maybe do a day trip and then stay the night in Sapporo (which has great nightlife/dining options). Hope that helps.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

driving on snowy roads 2007/1/12 10:51
I grew up in the northern US and learned to drive on snowy roads. I cannot imagine going to a new country and trying to find my way around and drive on snowy roads. If you have never driven on snow, I personally do not advise that you attempt to do so, especially around Noboribetsu. The roads can be very steep and narrow. Some of them were no fun to drive even when dry & sunny out in May just because they are so narrow & all the sharp curves. If the roads are clear & dry while you are there, no problem. But if it snows while you are there and you need to drive, you may be placing yourself in a dangerous situation. Maybe I am being over-cautious, but I can tell you that driving on snow covered roads and/or in a snow storm is not easy even for those of us who are used to it. Please be careful and make plans for being stuck in one location for a day or plan on using buses/trains while you are there.
by cf rate this post as useful

Free n Easy in Hokkaido 2007/1/12 18:21
Hei CF....thanks for your helpful information. Guess I will skip the idea of driving, will stay put 2 nites @Noboribetsu then.
by oiishi rate this post as useful

. 2008/1/3 00:59
"It depends how far you go. I have never been there in February, However, I suspect that the hiking trails may not be open in winter. I am not sure."

From the travellers before, did anyone know/found out if the trails _are_ closed i winter? :(

Any advise appreciated
by Olin rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 25 of 25
prev
1 2

reply to this thread