Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

What about in the middle? 2008/3/4 22:26
If golden week starts at May 3rd and ends at the 6th. What would transportation be like in and out of tokyo in the 4th and 5th of May?

Also, are there any specific recomandations for things to see/do during Golden Week? Like specific festivals etc. etc.?
by Vincent K rate this post as useful

... 2008/3/5 10:26
If golden week starts at May 3rd and ends at the 6th. What would transportation be like in and out of tokyo in the 4th and 5th of May?

May 4th should be considerable calmer than May 3. The return travel already starts on May 5th, but it should still be considerably less busy than May 6th.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Golden Week 2008/3/31 16:16
Reside in Tokyo due to spouse's employment. I am assuming you are traveling thru NRT to get to Tokyo?
So your Airport Limo bus may be a bit crowded...but opt for the Narita Express (aka NEX) and avoid traffic jams and enjoy their snacks served by the beautiful attendants! Just know, via NEX, you have to tote your own luggage...

Hub and I love Golden Week in Tokyo..like Los Angeles during the '84 Olympics...ghost town!
His workmates gripe about their spouses dragging them away... for the past 3 years we head to Disney Sea on that first Monday, no lines! Hit our fav Midori Sushi, Ippudo Ramen (now open in NYC March 13th!) and Maisen for tonkatsu...not to miss Kiddyland either!
golden opportunity...and you won't find a more polite, civil society!

Luv Tokyo during GW...
godspeed..

by Reikofish rate this post as useful

so... 2008/4/4 00:55
so how would the situation be during like say Apr 29 to May 2? cos I will be visiting nikko and hakone on these days...
by jeffrey rate this post as useful

traveling 29apr-3may 2008/4/9 02:40
hi,

i will be traveling from 29april - 3 may in and out of tokyo. will there be a problem?

i thought the golden week starts at 29 april? aren't 30apr,1may,2may included in the golden week? they are public holidays too right?

by mama pepel rate this post as useful

no worries 2008/4/9 03:40
I traveled to Tokyo during golden week last year. I arrived April 30 and was there until the 5th of may. It is a bit crowded but that didn't make it a problem. We even go into hama rikyu koen for free. And we visited all the main temples etc. Have no fears just go and have a good time. Our hotel was in Shinjuku and even with the large crowds it was barely even noticeable because every thing and everyone moves so quickly. We had no problems getting around. Even when we went to yokohama things went smoothly and we traveled everywhere by train. You'll be fine. Go and enjoy the experience. Have fun.
by nobodyknows25 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 26 of 26
prev
1 2

reply to this thread