Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Full bloom 2008/3/24 22:14
Can anyone explain me about

How long do they bloom?

The web said ....
The cherry blossom season is relatively short. Full bloom (mankai) is usually reached within about one week after the opening of the first blossoms (kaika). Another week later, the blooming peak is over and the blossoms are falling from the trees. Strong wind and rain can cut the blooming season even shorter.

So for example, the opening for kyoto this year 2008 is March 24 and the full bloom extimate is April 5, 2008
So if i arrive Kyoto on April 7 would it be possible to see the Full bloom before it start falling down in tree...

please feel free to share your experience...

Thank you
by Letseejapan rate this post as useful

kyoto cherry blossoms 2008/3/25 02:12
Hi,
I guess I'm having a similar problem.. I'm arriving in kyoto on the 14th and I was planning to go to the takayama festival on that day but since the full bloom is between april 1-10, I'm wondering if i should stay in kyoto on the 14-15 and see if I can catch any sakuras.. Will all the flowers fall off by the 14th? =? It's a tough decision to choose between the festival and the cherry blossoms.. Thank you!
by wendy rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread