Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

Bengoshi no Kuzu 2007/12/1 13:08
There's actually a funny manga (later transformed to a popular TV drama series) called "Bengoshi no Kuzu" having a double-meaning of "A Lawyer Named Kuzu" and "A Crap of a Lawyer" where this crappy-looking bizarre lawyer Mr. Kuzu says lines like, "Tashikani watashi wa bengoshi no Kuzu desuga (Sure enough, I am Kuzu the lawyer. / Sure enough, I am a crap of a lawyer.)

In real life, I think that one of the controversial names in Japan was "Akuma (meaning Devil)" which a Japanese father tried to name his son but was refused by the registeration counter.

Btw, I really wonder why they don't call Jojima Kenji, George Mackenzie.
by Uco rate this post as useful

.. 2007/12/1 13:58
Parents have the rights and privileges to name their children as they wish so long it is within the legality of their country. Parents have to be mindful that "inappropriate" name would become a burden to the child when he/she grows up. To a non-Japanese, who does not speak the language ( I am one of them), Samurai implies courage and sounds good, but, to a native Japanese, it may be inappropriate.
Again, the golf legend has an unusual name so is a top NBA player !
My eldest son is a Toyota ( in Kanji characters)!
by tju rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 22 of 22
prev
1 2

reply to this thread