Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

gensai bio 2007/1/25 00:51
history: Born Komori Genjiro, he changed his name into Kawakami Gensai(Hitokiri-Gensai). He changed his name further into Takada Genbe.

He was short, his jaw and cheekbone was sharp. He was always calm and he was unyielding. And, he was very gentle.

Though He was born in Komori Family in Kumamoto, he became a foster-child of Kawakami Family, and became a Buddhist priest. (When there was a big earthquake and all people were running away, he extinguished the fire of a brazier, and he was accepted by many people. It was said that it was regrettable that He's a Buddhist. Buddhist priest's position was convenient to study. Then, a study of the soldier was learned by Miyabe Teizo, and literature and swordsmanship were learned by Todoroki Muhe. He didn't get the permission of his clan though he tried to do overseas inspection to know the circumstance of foreign countries. If a foreign circumstance can't be known, he thought that he should exile a foreigner from Japan, and he recommended the thought of "Sonno-jyoi(Reverence for the Emperor and expulsion of the foreigner)". Then, he fought to overthrow the shogunate together with "shishi of kinno" which his mind was suitable for. Though he killed many people, a clear record about his assassination does not exist. (The incident that a Sakuma Syouzan was assassinated at midday is famous.) Then, many battles were finished, and He succeeded in overthrowing the shogunate admirably. However, he became bothering existence for new government because his thought wasn't changed after the Restoration.(The government completely changed a policy suddenly.) Then, he was killed by the follower of "Kido Takayoshi" who was gensai's company. At this time, he didn't have the crime which was worth the death penalty [/quote]
by saito rate this post as useful

early life for kido 2007/1/25 23:16
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kido_Takayoshi
by saito rate this post as useful

actualy Shiranui-ryu can be learned 2007/2/13 13:25
before he was executed in d 4th year of d mejii 1870 it has bein said he tought a number of four students his techniques but they took an oth not to teach them this is just one part of d legend but its said dat one of d students went against dat promise now im not exactly sure wat that students name is but it can be learned
by Harold rate this post as useful

how could it be 2007/2/18 17:50
Tell me how could it be that there was no successor in this style of fighting. Also is there a dojo in japan that teachs the kamya kashin style or the batotsu jutsu?
by AK rate this post as useful

Kendoboy is right 2007/5/27 02:52
Swords are useless now.But I learn Kenjutsu because its FUN, and it helps me imrove myself.

By the way, I'm at the same rank as Kendoboy in Wado ryu Karate.

Gensai did teach the style. I have learnt it.But I am NOT a master. Laido wont help you get even CLOSE to the style, but a CERTIFIED Battojutsu dojo would.Laido is the art of drawing a sword.But you need to know the follow up slashes.That is Battojutsu.

Shiranui Ryu is NOT based on battujutsu.It implements it where it is needed.

Shiranui-ryu is often called Pheonix ryu in English.That might help ypu guys out.

And to all the people who think that there is a style called Kamiya Kashin. IT IS A FICTIONAL STYLE!
by Kane rate this post as useful

Info 2007/5/27 02:58
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furanui

Its says there IS a modern version of this style.
by Kane rate this post as useful

Heritage 2008/2/13 00:17
Hello people..
I'm a direct descendant of Gensai Kawakami.. My dad lived in Kumamoto-ken since childhood. I am very honored to see people like you all appreciating my Grandfather(very great great).
by Kawakami, Ken rate this post as useful

Shiranui Ryu 2008/5/17 06:21
I practice Shiranui Ryu, and if you have any questions email vizmangaartist@gmail.com
by Gensai rate this post as useful

Idea.... 2008/7/21 12:40
For those who aspire to learn Gensai-sama's personal style, like they said, its impossible. But you can get good at Battoujutsu and work from there to create your own style simmilar to Furanui Kenjutsu. Also if you are a fan of Rurouni Kenshin you can learn a lot of techniques from that. Believe it or not you fiction haters every technique Himura Kenshin uses can be done in a less exhagerated form. how do i know all these things? I've done and experienced them thats how. And whoever wrote that the art of the sword can be learnt in no time, i resent you. the experience of sword practice is a lifetime event! there is never a true master for it would take lifetimes to learn everything possible, You can always learn more. And unlike a sport it is not something you learn,get good at and be done with it is not just about learning technique, it is a lifestyle. anyone who has truly practiced a martial art to its truth would know that. to conclude, like i said the best thing you can do is get good at battoujutsu and maybe even another style and then develop your own personal technique just like Gensai-sama did!
by Yue Sukikage rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 29 of 29
prev
1 2

reply to this thread