Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

Re: cheap healthy foods 2012/7/17 15:52
I rarely eat anything other than onigiri or kakigori from the convenience store in the mornings before work. But when I travel, and especially if I stay at a hotel, I make sure to reserve a Japanese breakfast. In my opinion they are the best breakfast you can have, and will give you all the energy you need to last until a late lunch.

They are extremely well balanced, healthy, delicious, and not to mention cheap. I would highly suggest using your hotel breakfast facilities before venturing out. They do serve Western style breakfast, but the typical Japanese breakfast will include rice, fish, miso soup and egg. Some will have Japanese vegetables as well.

It`s very easy to survive on 3000 yen a day for food, even in Tokyo. The best way to get a good deal and a healthy meal is to eat Japanese meals. Stay away from MacDonalds,etc. and you`ll do fine.

I would also suggest leaving the breakfast at home. There really is no need to bring it. (Plus it seems a bit weird to me. Sorry!) You`re in Japan! Eat like the locals do! Don`t bring your smelly oatmeal. :P
by Taipan1975 rate this post as useful

Re: cheap healthy foods 2012/7/19 10:11
If that question was directed at me... usually the Japanese breakfasts I had (buffet style mostly, though not always) consisted of miso, rice, fish, egg, maybe some tofu concoction, and some fresh fruit. Very filling, and great fuel for a day of walking, walking, walking, Largely I would get by on a decent sized breakfast until evening, with maybe just a quick snack midday. And you can get breakfast included at a lot of hotels.
by UK Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: cheap healthy foods 2012/7/23 19:15
Thank you so much for the places you have given to have food in Japan. This would really help me in staying in japan.
by katie1234 rate this post as useful

Page 2 of 2: Posts 21 - 23 of 23
prev
1 2

reply to this thread