Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 66
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 10:08
@ Johanna Shima - I'm sure you'll get the result you were hoping for, so don't worry too much! :)
by C12 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/18 12:33
Thanks C12 :) You're a very sweet person :DD
by Johanna Shima rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/19 02:25
I just got my letter! Unconditional offer :)

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/19 02:29
I got the mail yesterday afternoon! It's an unconditional offer :D You guys are also going for SILS April 2017 right?
by Mjinc rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/19 02:36
@ Mjinc - Yup, I got in for the April 2017 semester at SILS! Congratulations to you :)

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/19 08:17
OMGG CONGRATULATIONS U GUYS
MINE STILL DIDN'T COME IN D:

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/19 10:29
Congratulations C12 and Mjinc! You should be getting yours soon Johanna!

15 more days until Sophia's result... If I get a scholarship there I'm probably going there instead.
by fleckyx rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/19 14:07
Thank you C12! I hope everyone else gets their letters. Stay positive :)
by Mjinc rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/10/20 03:18
@ fleckyx - I applied to Sophia as well, but Waseda was my top choice so I'll probably be enrolling soon! I'm still so surprised I got in considering the data page (on the SILS site) showed steadily declining acceptance rates TT_TT

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/6 21:36
SILS is definitely the "fun" school, at least compared to SPSE or colloquially "SEIKEI."

The data on the page is impressively deceptive as well.

http://imgur.com/x2k1i7v
http://imgur.com/5iozAvE

SILS has an almost 2x harder acceptance rate compared to SPSE, so if you cam get close to SPSE's SAT score you should absolutely be in the green.

Just be warned that your class demographics will include a lot of Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese. They don't tend to mingle much so get out there and make some friends.

The situation is even more dire for SPSE as our year only has with the aforementioned spread, minus the Japanese.

If you're looking for an incredible time and some amazing friends, be sure to check out SILS.

If you have any questions feel free to message me about any SPSE questions or SILS (my two roommates are SILS).
by St3cky rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/24 11:03
WOOOH!!!!!!!!! I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!

SEE Y'ALL IN APRIL!!!
by EvilCinnamonRoll (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/24 13:26
Yessssss got accepted as well!!!!!!!
omg I couldn't be happier
by Aa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/24 14:48
Congrats! You're talking about SILS right?

I got into Sophia's FLA too, plus they granted my scholarship application, so I'm going there.

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/28 00:26
Hi everyone!
I got accepted to SILS as well :) I'm really excited to see you all at the campus in April!!!
by Cheryl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/28 08:22
Hey guys congrats to all of you :D
I've decided to go to university in September so I'll see you guys there :))
i was wondering what you guys wrote in your Waseda essay

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/28 18:36
what happened?

so are you gonna restart the entire application again???

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/28 20:18
I didn't pass the Waseda application, but got accepted into Sophia. I've been stressing over this for a while now, but since I'm still in highschool, maybe I could do this over again. I didn't like my school life especially because I've attended my school for 10 years now and after a disagreement with the vball coaches and the team, I wanted to get out asap.
It was really tough and I can't count how many times I've broken down at school and at home too hahaha
I also have more choices if I choose to go to university in September :))

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/28 21:43
That sucks, did they provide any reason for the rejection? Also, any particular reason you declined Sophia's offer?

Whatever the reasons, I wish you luck in school and in the September admissions. I'll do what I can to help, so feel free to ask anything.

For my Waseda's essay about the most significant world event, I wrote about a certain environmental summit. I started off by saying why that event was important to me, then gave a few details about the summit like the date, name and location. I went on to explain the results of the summit in my own words, along with my thoughts and opinions. Final paragraph contained my views regarding the summit and the environment in general.

Provide your own views on it. What you think of it, what more can be done, why you agree/disagree with it, what problems might arise. What's important is your own thoughts. Make them understand the issue through your opinions. It doesn't matter if it's biased, everyone's biased in one way or another. Don't be neutral, neutrality is important only when you're processing the information, not when you need to make your stand.

That went a little off-topic... What I said might not be relevant in your future essays, but the point is to show what you think, not what you know. Your experience, not others.

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/11/30 15:59
sorry to hear that!

Waseda has oddly tightened up its acceptance rate recently, I was kinda shocked to see that only 88 made it when it was 130++ previously.

You're right about having more choices for September Admissions, and it'll give you more time to make the decision on what you're truly after. I hope all the best goes for you!

About my essay - I basically wrote a *cough* "strongly-worded" *cough* essay on Brexit and the backlash towards the arrogance of capitalism (the interviewer asked me really in-depth questions about what I wrote, lmao).

I can send it to you if you want to study it.

Re: Waseda SILS, APU, Doshisha, or Sophia FLA? 2016/12/17 23:36
@fleckyx I just wasn't really sure about this school. I guess I was being hesitant? Did you write about the COP 21? Thanks for the advice :DD

@EvilCinnamonRoll thank you!! I'll send you my email address through chat!

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 66
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread