Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 48 of 48
prev
1 2 3

Re: Immigration situation at Narita 2023/5/21 08:30
Your flow is
- arrive Narita
- go through immigration
- pick up luggage
- go to Peach checkin
- checkin your luggage
- go to gate (note: no immigration!)
- board

Now if you can manage all that between 17:30 and 20:00 seems risky. But you already bought these flights, right? So you seem willing to assume this risk.

Regarding immigration I arrived last week from Vietnam at Narita round 15:30 and it was a very swift process to get through immigration. After that I had to wait for a bit for the luggage but nothing outrageous.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration situation at Narita 2023/5/21 08:42
Hi Jason,

I think you're misunderstanding the meaning of the word "immigration". To go through immigration means that you're entering or exiting another country.

When you go through immigration, you present your passport, and sometimes you are asked questions like "How long are you staying in our country, and what is the purpose of your stay?", and if you are granted entry, maybe the personnel will say, "Welcome to our country."

For example, Singapore and Japan are two different countries. When a person comes from Singapore to Narita Airport, that person needs to "go through immigration at Narita" to "enter Japan", regardless of nationality.

Then, if that person wants to leave Japan, the person "goes through immigration" to "leave Japan", regardless of nationality, destination or port.

If you are coming from Singapore, you need to go through immigration to enter Japan. If you are "on transit" at Narita, you go through immigration and enter Japan at Chitose. If you are not "on transit" at Narita, you go through immigration and enter Japan at Narita.

But Narita and Chitose are both Japan. If you go through immigration and enter Japan at Narita, you don't go through immigration to go to Chitose. You don't go through immigration again until you're leaving Japan. You go through immigration again when returning to Singapore, or when leaving for another country such as China or Korea or the United States. But nobody goes through immigration to travel from Narita to Chitose, because the two cities are both inside the same country.

I thought that maybe you were asking, "Do I need to pick up my baggage when I arrive at Narita, and then checking in my baggage at Narita to go to Chitose?"

If so, it depends on how your ticket is issued. You need to ask that question to the place you bought your ticket, or to your airline. However, if you don't "check in" baggage, and bring all your baggage to your seat, then there would be no baggage to pick up or check in. Please keep in mind that you could only bring in a small baggage to your seat. Details on size are written on your airline's official website.

Lastly, your boarding pass for Chitose would be given to you at either Singapore or Narita, depending on how your ticket is issued.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration situation at Narita 2023/5/21 11:45
thought that maybe you were asking, "Do?"

If so, it depends on how your ticket is issued. You need to ask that question to the place you bought your ticket, or to your airline. However, if you don't "check in" baggage, and bring all your baggage to your seat, then there would be no baggage to pick up or check in. Please keep in mind that you could only bring in a small baggage to your seat. Details on size are written on your airline's official website.

Lastly, your boarding pass for Chitose would be given to you at either Singapore or Narita, depending on how your ticket is issued.

Hi Uco,

Thank you for your explanation.

If I don't check in baggage, I think it's straight forward just go to Peach airline to check in for my connecting flight to Chitose.

What I not sure is that I have luggage to check in , so I will need to pick up my baggage when I arrive at Narita, and then checking in my baggage at Narita to go to Chitose. In order to collect the baggage, do I need to go through immigration ? This part I'm still confused
by Jason (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration situation at Narita 2023/5/21 19:05
Jason,

In order to collect the baggage, do I need to go through immigration ?

Yes. And it seems to me that Peach does not do "through-check-in", which means that you do need to go through immigration at Narita (only once), pick up your baggage from your international flight, and check in your baggage to your domestic flight. A travel agency writes that, as a rule, at least 2 hours is required to do that. Otherwise they won't issue the ticket.

Back to your original question: Like I said, international flights very often delay. So, if I were you, and I definitely need to go to Chitose on that day, such as for a wedding or funeral, I would book my flight (or flights) at least one day prior to the event. But if I can take the risk of missing the flight to Chitose, then I'll keep it the way it is.

The following links are just for backup.

https://support.flypeach.com/hc/en-us/articles/900004720006-Is-through...

https://www.airticket-center.com/peach/blog/about_check-in-2/#:~:text=...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration situation at Narita 2023/6/8 09:31
I shall fly in Narita airport at 8:30 pm 19/6. How long does it take to check out the airport? I hope I do not need to wait three to four hours.
by PATRICKMA rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration situation at Narita 2023/6/8 10:22
From my personal experience who just came back to Japan in March, it wasn't bad at all. In fact, I literally waited not even 30 minutes to get through immigration after landing and that was even landing in the afternoon.

If you're coming in at 6 am, chances are there won't be many other planes or a bunch of people at that time, so you should be able to breeze on through at that time. I hope that you'll have a nice time coming to Japan and enjoy. :)
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration situation at Narita 2023/6/23 15:54
Hi there, our family of 3 will be arriving in Narita at 6:30pm this coming Monday. What are peoplefs more recent experiences with getting out of the airport through immigration and customs now that the quarantine requirements are no longer? Trying to decide whether itfs quicker to use paper form or pre-register with the QR codes via Visit Japan Web. Thanks in advance 🙏
by LP (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immigration situation at Narita 2023/6/23 17:29
To be honest - the paper form is just something you give the customs officer once you have picked up your bags.

I also landed around 6:30PM on a Sunday and the main wait time was for the luggage. I think it took me around 1 hour from landing until I got out with my luggage. Note that there are often long taxiing to the terminal at Narita.

Getting the 90 day visa was about as quick and painless as normal.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 48 of 48
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread