Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 58 of 58
prev
1 2 3

chiba kitesurfers? 2008/7/23 20:34
hi kiting community. i am new to kitesurfing but have bought all the gear. been a surfer for 20 years so don't need a lot of guidance in the water. just looking for anyone who kites/interested in hanging out in chiba area. i live near kemigawa kaigan kiting area but also go out to kujukuri often to surf. i have a car, just looking for some other kiters in the area. cheers
by chiba kitesurfer rate this post as useful

windsurfing 2008/7/26 06:07
I've seen people windsurfing in Nishinomiyahama.
by Kam rate this post as useful

dia do meu nacimento 2008/7/30 06:03
17 de fevereiro
by Kitenow rate this post as useful

Hey Chiba Kitesurfer 2008/8/13 17:29
Hi if you read this please mail me I live in Tokyo, I have been in to kite sports a few years. If you want to hook up that would be great.

redgreenandpotatoe yahoo.co.uk

You will notice the missing part of the email is obvious.
by soulboy rate this post as useful

Question about gear 2008/8/31 05:22
Hi

What would be the size of kite for 75kg in Tokyo area and what is the best season to kite? I don't want to even consider big kites (bigger than 12) because it isn't fun anymore.

Other question is where are the most constant winds in Japan?
by crazyfinn rate this post as useful

kiting 2008/9/8 12:59
my kite is a 12 and i am 74kg. most people i have spoken to said it's about the correct size. i'm still a beginner but i've been out in a few different wind conditions and it holds up well. depending on the kite you can also adjust the tension of the lines and the line lengths. my friends still help me with that though.

on a side note, any kiters out there getting out to chiba at all?

around kanto i think shonan/fujisawa area is ok as well as kujukuri area in chiba. kemigawa kaigan too in chiba but it's a little small so a bit dangerous for me at the moment
by chiba kitesurfer rate this post as useful

kite in chiba 2008/9/22 14:33
hi,

would say kujukuri-shirosato is quite good and nice place for kite surfing. Usually wind is light, and for them who wants to kite surf around tokyo, would recomand a 14 - 15 meters. This is the size i use the most in Japan (i am 58 kilos...), and sometime a 9 meters (april may are quite windy).
I am almost always the only gaijin kite surfer, Japanese guys are quite cool as long as you practice carefully and you re not too much beginner.
If any wind during the week end, I will be there.

a plus
by julien rate this post as useful

KiteSurfing - from Tokyo 2008/10/20 14:14
This week-end I went to Chiba - Kujukuri - Shirasato for a kite surf session. There were somehow 15knots of sideshore wind. Unfortunately, too big waves for me to be at ease so I gave up after 30mn of trials. Fortunately, a local Kite Surf club organised a competition so I enjoyed watching the "pros" !
I'm looking for another spot not so far from Tokyo. For me, Kemigawahama looks like too narrow and might turn to a nightmare if for a reason or another you can't reach the way between the big concrete jettys.
What about Futtsu/Futtso ? It looks good on Google ? Can we access to the peninsula and go either on the north (Tokyo Bay) or the south side ?
Anyone already tried this spot ? yduval@pobox.com
by Yannick rate this post as useful

Anything new about kiteboarding in Osaka 2009/5/31 16:45
is the spot at the airport bridge the only spot, or is there another one?
Anyone likes to make a trip to look for some new spots around Osaka?
by bodnsay rate this post as useful

Kitetrip to JP 2009/11/25 16:48

;o)
yesterday I booked my flight to Japan to spend some perfect weeks there.
Citylife, party, kitesurfen.. - never mind...

ILm looking forward... and I know, this trip will be formative... ,o)

greetz from austria & see yaa sooooon..

andi
by andi (guest) rate this post as useful

Good list @ Tokyo Kite Meetup Site 2010/4/3 04:19
They seem to organise outings, the guys know where to go around Tokyo and know other kiters so its a good place to check out. I mailed the guy before going on holiday and he put me in touch...

http://www.meetup.com/kiteboard/?set_mobile=off
by Kitesurfing in Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

By bus 2010/4/3 22:13
How would you get from Togane station to Kujukuri beach? Is there a bus service? Seems like its a bit of a walk.
Also is there a kitesurf shop there as we don't have any equiptment. Would want to hire it.
by heiri rate this post as useful

tokyo kiting 2010/5/4 16:41
what size kite is best suited to tokyo/chiba
area for may/june/july/august?
some people are saying 12-13m for 74kg
others say 14-15m fro 58kg person

anyone got specifics???
by jake (guest) rate this post as useful

Okinawa Kitesurfing 2010/6/15 15:35
Hi guys
Okinawa seems to be the best place for kitesurfing in Japan during the summer months !? Due to windguru.com it sounds like that there is wind arround 15-25 knots and good wavespots.I am a swiss guy and travelling in asia at the moment,can any of you recommend where to go.Is Okinawa a place where I can stay on a travellers budget?or should I head towards Kobe/Osaka?
thank you for ur response
Paul
by Paul Fouradoulas (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/6/16 00:04
I've seen quite a few kitesurfers on Kin Bay on the east side of Okinawa near the causeway to Henzashima.

Map code: 499 606 401

Map: http://www.mapion.co.jp/m/26.3372005555556_127.928120277778_7/
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

Kitesurfing this weekend in Tokyo 2010/6/23 14:27
Hey all, I'm hoping to head out this weekend... maybe to Zushi or kamakura because wind should be onshore and they're relatively close for me (1h30 by train).

Anybody else into that? Or does anyone have a trip I can join?

Mike
by Smikey rate this post as useful

Kiting in Chiba 2010/6/26 04:22
Hello,

I'm moving to Togane City in Chiba and will be looking to kite regularily. Is anybody in the area who goes frequently and would like to arrange some trips?

I've been in touch with the owner of TED's Surf Shop. Seem's like a good place on Kujukuri Beach on the Pacific Coast.

Anyone interested, or anybody live near this area who kites regularily?
by Benalan rate this post as useful

Re: Kitesurfing 2011/10/18 14:35
I tried Real Kite last year and the instructor offered a very bad experience, not explaining the risks properly, changing arrangements, was rude, abrupt and careless, that I chose not to continue my lessons with them.
If you are looking for Kitesurfing in Japan do not go to Real Kite.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 3: Posts 41 - 58 of 58
prev
1 2 3

reply to this thread