Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Softbank 2007/7/13 18:50
Nicole,

Well, the last I heard, Softbank was the least popular of the three big carriers in Japan...
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Troubling 2007/7/13 19:13
Oi, I just brought out a calculator and did some calculations, only to realize that Softbank's WhitePlan is basically the same price as KDDI's Plan M(considering I use the same amount of minutes.).

The only problem with the White Plan is that I am not sure that everyone I talk to will have a Softbank account.
I decided to limit my talk time to as less as possible, but I still want a phone.

Dave, are the other companies AU and DoCoMo?

If this is getting too off topic for the moderators, we can move this to my other topic, specifically about cell phones:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+37615
by niko-chan (nicole) rate this post as useful

Mobile phones 2007/7/13 19:36
Nicole,

Dave, are the other companies AU and DoCoMo?

That's right.

If this is getting too off topic for the moderators, we can move this to my other topic, specifically about cell phones:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+37615

Probably a good idea.
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Extentions 2007/7/16 05:44
How do you say "bond extentions" in Japanese? Bond extentions are a type of long hair extention that has adhesives on the tips.

This site may use the word somewhere, if no one knows: http://www.extehoney.com/gallery/natural.html

BTW I solved the phone problem. =]

... 2007/7/16 08:43
I am not familiar with those things :) but "bondo ekusutenshon" or "bondo-shiki (bond-type)" seem to be used. What phone did you settle on BTW? :)
by AK rate this post as useful

AK 2007/7/16 08:48
Thanks for the info AK, I'll try asking about bondo-shiki and showing a picture when I e-mail the store owners.

After chatting with a Japanese friend of mine about his phone plan, I decided to go with AU's Plan M. With the Packet Discount (Gives me plenty of free text messages) and a CDMA WIN phone. =]

?? 2007/7/22 05:32
Why do my posts keep getting deleted??? I just typed a super long question! ;_;
Admins, please stop deleting them or at least let me know why?

... 2007/7/22 10:06
Niko-chan,
I noticed that your previous post asking others here to post their e-mail if possible got deleted, that must have been for privacy concern.
I haven't seen your "long" question (not that I'm here all the time though of course), maybe it's just taking time to appear here?

AK 2007/7/22 10:11
I must have worded my first message incorrectly. It DID sound like somewhat of a spam message. Instead should I post my own e-mail so you could contact me? (I've seen many members here do that without any deletion) As for the long message, I'll write it again:
I need this letter translated; it can be done roughly, as long as the overall message isn't lost. I'd greatly appreciate this.

"Thank you very much for agreeing to care for my daughter while she is in Japan.
I know it takes a really wonderful person that's really caring to do this.
Please contact me if you have any difficulties, questions, or needs where my daughter is concerned.
Please treat her as you would your own in terms of all aspects of life including discipline.
My daughter is a well brought up young lady that has a lot to give in life. She is also very ambitious and caring.
I expect her to have chores and help contribute to your household and her homestay.
My husband joins me in thanking you for accepting her into your family.
The following is a series of phone numbers of which you can contact us:"

For the long one 2007/7/22 12:56
Musume no Nihon taizai chuu, o-sewa shite kudasaru to no koto, arigatou gozaimasu.

Omoiyari no aru yasashii hito ni shika dekinai koto da to omoimasu.

Moshi musume no koto de nani ka mondai ya gimon ga attara, go-renraku kudasai.

Taizai chuu, shitsuke mo fukume, go-jishin no o-kosan to onaji you ni sesshite yatte kudasai.

Musume wa kichinto shitsukerare, shourai shakai no yaku ni tateru ko da to omoimasu. Shourai wo yumemiru, yasashii ko desu.

Hoomu sutei chuu, kaji ya o-tetsudai wo sasete yatte kudasai.

Shujin mo, musume no ukeire saki ni natte kudasaru koto ni, kansha shiteimasu.

Renraku saki to shite, ikutsu ka denwa bangou wo oshirase shite okimasu. Yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.

Strange E-mail 2007/7/25 17:23
Thanks for the translation AK!

Now about the e-mail, I recieved a Japanese e-mail from someone who I had contacted, and for some reason the text comes out really odd on my computer... Here's one line:
''æ°—ã�«E#129;ªE#129;£E#129;Ÿã�®E#129;§ã‚‚ã�E¸åº¦è¿”ä¿¡E#129;•ã�›ã�¦E#129;�E#129; E#129;•ã�EE/font''

(The e-mail was from the hair salon I mentioned earlier.)

Need Help With An Email 2007/8/7 13:14
I understand the basics of this, but I'd like a direct translation since it's really important.

ƒjƒR[ƒ‹‚¿‚á‚ñ‚Ì“ú–{Œêi‚É‚Ù‚ñ‚²j‚Ì‹³Žºi‚«‚傤‚µ‚Âj‚̘bi‚Í‚È‚µj‚Å‚·‚ªA•¶‹³‚Zi‚Ô‚ñ‚«‚傤@‚±‚¤‚±‚¤j‚Å‚Í“Á•Êi‚Æ‚­‚ׂÂj‚É‚»‚¤‚¢‚¤‚±‚Æ‚Í‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚È‚¢‚Æ‚Ì‚±‚Æ‚Å‚µ‚½B
‚½‚¾A‘¼i‚½j‚̶“ki‚¹‚¢‚Æj‚æ‚è@—ç–@i‚ê‚¢‚Ù‚¤j‚ÌŽö‹Æi‚¶‚ガ‚傤j‚ª‘½i‚¨‚¨j‚¢‚Å‚·B•¶‹³i‚Ô‚ñ‚«‚傤j‚̃XƒN[ƒ‹ƒJƒEƒ“ƒZƒ‰[‚ÍA‚Ü‚¾Œˆi‚«j‚Ü‚Á‚Ä‚¢‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
ƒjƒR[ƒ‹‚¿‚á‚ñ‚Ì“üi‚Í‚¢j‚é—’èi‚æ‚Ä‚¢j‚̃Nƒ‰ƒX‚à
‚Ü‚¾Œˆ‚Ü‚Á‚Ä‚¢‚È‚¢‚»‚¤‚Å‚·B

Just so you guys know I tried...
"About our conversation about Japanese classes...
I haven't recieved an answer from the school counselor yet..." The rest is all fuzzy to me.
by niko-chan rate this post as useful

,,, 2007/8/7 18:25
it would be something like this

Talking about your (Niko-chan's) jpn class,AAA high school has nothing particular course for you, but you may have more lessons for manner/etiquet course than other students.
and then the school counseler of the school is not yet decided, the class which you are assiend to is not decided too
by im(**) rate this post as useful

Just to add 2007/8/7 18:38
ƒjƒR[ƒ‹‚¿‚á‚ñ‚Ì“ú–{Œêi‚É‚Ù‚ñ‚²j‚Ì‹³Žºi‚«‚傤‚µ‚Âj‚̘bi‚Í‚È‚µj‚Å‚·‚ªA
•¶‹³‚Zi‚Ô‚ñ‚«‚傤@‚±‚¤‚±‚¤j‚Å‚Í“Á•Êi‚Æ‚­‚ׂÂj‚É‚»‚¤‚¢‚¤‚±‚Æ‚Í‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚È‚¢‚Æ‚Ì‚±‚Æ‚Å‚µ‚½B

Literally:

"On the topic of Japanese classes for Nicole, Bunkyo High School says they do not provide such in particular."

This "such" is not specified, so it depends on the question. If you'd asked earlier about whether they have any special Japanese language classes specially for you, then the answer means no, they do not provide Japanese language lessons specially for students from overseas such as yourself, or something like that.

Thanks~ 2007/8/10 21:31
Thank you both very much, you guys are real life savers.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to figure out where to take language courses!

Wi Fi 2007/8/11 14:25
How would I ask this?

"Do you have a router(/wireless internet connection)?"

I am bringing a laptop to this persons' house, but I want to ask them in a subtle manner. I "'would' mention "because I want to use my laptop" but I am afraid that if they don't have wireless then they will buy it before I arrive.

I know Japanese people have certain mindsets, I do not want to stress them at all.

... 2007/8/13 11:20
Go-jitaku de wa ruutaa wo o-tsukai desu ka? (Do you use router at your home?)
0r Go-jitaku de wa musen LAN wo o-tsukai desu ka? (Do you use wireless LAN at home?)
or
(insert name)-san no uchi de wa ruutaa wo o-tsukai desu ka? (Do you, --san, use router at your home?)

Dekitara watashi no pasokon wo tsukaetara to omotta mono de. ((I'm asking) Because I thought it would be nice if I could connect my PC.)
Nakereba intaanetto kafe wo sagashimasu. (If not, I will find an internet cafe.)

I'm Back Again 2007/8/21 09:10
Hello again, now that I'm in Japan I have a lot more questions. How do you say...

I meant (As in, "oops, I meant to say...")

My hair isn't used to this heat.

Can you hold this real quick?

Can I connect my computer to this one?

... 2007/8/21 13:09
I meant (As in, "oops, I meant to say...")

Watashi ga iitakatta no wa... (WHat I wanted to say is...)

My hair isn't used to this heat.

Watashi no kami-no-ke wa, konna atsusa ni sarasareta koto ga nai desu. (My hair has not been exposed to this much heat.)

Can you hold this real quick? You mean, "Can you hold this for a second?"

Kore wo chotto motte ite kuremasen ka? (Can you hold this for a while?)

Can I connect my computer to this one?

Koko ni watashi no pasokon wo tsunaide mo ii desu ka? (Can I connect my PC to this here?)

New Question 2007/8/21 19:20
Thank you AK! How about...

Most people... (As in, "In America most people eat fast food often."(

Some people...

Can I use this? (kore wo tsukatte ii?)

Is there anything I can do to help? (as in cleaning)

If you need me, go ahead and call me. (I'll be upstairs)

A dead ___insert animal name here___
(I know how to say something died, but not how to say a DEAD something.)

Also, please translate these into casual forms. :)

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread