Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 5: Posts 41 - 60 of 84
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

Sounds nice 2007/7/11 02:54
After readin all of the talk about not climbing alone, I must say that it seem quite nice with some company. I wrote that earlier but it wasn't intended then as a general question, but rather as a response to an earlier post. Anyhow, if anyone want to climb on august 2:nd, just drop a response.
by Trond rate this post as useful

let's climb on Aug, 2nd 2007/7/11 03:11
Trond,
I'd like to climb Fuji with you if you don't mind. I hope not to be very much jetlagged... let's see. You can reach me at jcab@tiscali.es
by Joan Carles rate this post as useful

Wow 2007/7/11 05:25
I hope to do this one day.
by Rob rate this post as useful

fuji trails, summit station Q & A 2007/7/11 22:55
I just climbed the Yoshidaguchi-Kawaguchiko trail on July 5th-6th (from the Sengen shrine at Fujiyoshida...that's below the 1st station). Then, the Kawaguchiko station was the only one open to the top. Now the Subashiriguchi trail is open to the top as well. The Gotemba and Fujinomiya are not open yet to the top...if you try to climb them, you will be turned around before you reach the summit.
When I went, the hut at the summit was not open so I couldn't get my "summit stamp" on my walking stick. If anybody has information on when the summit station will open, or the Gotemba or Fujinomiya trails to the top open, please email me at i_love_japan@yahoo.com

I would love to go up again, but would like a stamp on the top of my stick this time. :)

Thanks,
Brad
by Brad rate this post as useful

hOW LONG FROM THE bOTTOM 2007/7/12 04:32
Can anyone tell me about how long it takes to climb the whole mountain from the bottom if I were to climb at a normal pace? Do you have to start at the 5th station or can you began at the base of the mountain?
by Angerboy rate this post as useful

@ Dan 2007/7/12 04:54
Hi Dan,

Do you want to climb together? I am completely down with the overnight climb. My email is drjpdx@hotmail.com

What day were you planning on exactly?
by drj rate this post as useful

Friday 2nd Night climb 2007/7/12 05:54
I'm planning on leaving Fujiyoshida on Friday night, 2nd August, for a night climb. I don't plan on stopping though!!!!!!! At least not to sleep in a hut. Anyone else? Not a silly speed walkin' pace or anything to extreme!
Gary garyrobertsmith@gmail.com
by GS rate this post as useful

R&R after climbing Fuji 2007/7/12 07:02
My Husband and I plan to climb the Kawaguchiko trail and would like to find a place to stay (and leave our bags) before we head up for the night climb. After our descent, we would like to either:
(1) stay at the same place for some r&r and thus would like a comfortable hotel with a hot spring in Kawaguchiko; or
(2) go to the place closest to Kawaguchiko where you can catch a ferry to Izu.

So, I would appreciate any recommendations for:
1- places to stay with hot springs in Kawaguchiko;
2- How to get from Kawaguchiko to the ferry to Izu and about how long it would take to get to the ferry and then to Izu.
3- Good onsen hotel overlooking the ocean on IZU.

I've tried to figure this out but have not been very successful, so thanks for any help you can provide
Anne.
by anne rate this post as useful

R &R after climbing fuji - revised 2007/7/12 12:41
I believe that I have found a hotel where I would like to stay in Shimoda.
Now I am trying to figure out how to get from Kawaguchiko to Shimoda.
Is there a way to go by ferry? Any help on the best way to get there would be greatly appreciated!!
Anne
by Anne C. rate this post as useful

Climbing Sticks and descents 2007/7/12 16:48
On the topic of climbing sticks, anybody know how to ship one back overseas and the shipping fees?

Also after climbing Mt Fuji, what is a good time to descend to the 5th station?
by Dan rate this post as useful

How long's your stick!? 2007/7/12 19:09
Hello Dan, why do you have a problem shipping a climbing stick? Unless I'm thinking of something else? Aren't they retractable and only about 4kg? Mine fit in my rucksack no problem.
GS
by GS rate this post as useful

climbing stick 2007/7/13 02:28
Hi,

I was thinking of getting one of those wooden "fuji sticks" which you can get branded at the summit. It'd make a great souvenir, if not for the fact that it's long and difficult to ship back. I think it's almost as tall as chest level.
by Dan rate this post as useful

Sticks and Flashlights 2007/7/13 04:32
Here is a link of shops and some of the simple supplies they have. I am going to buy stuff in Tokyo. I remember the department stores there having huge outdoor sections. That way I won't have to wait in line to buy supplies up near the mountain.

http://www17.plala.or.jp/climb_fujiyama/shop%20info.html
by drj rate this post as useful

pls reply soon 2007/7/17 11:29
hello,

i was wondering if there are any seperate room available at huts of 8th station.....expecially for ladies.....

Thanks,
Prasad
by Prasad rate this post as useful

Climbing Mount Fuji? 2007/7/17 21:53
As we are on a tight schedule we would like to climb Mount Fuji during this week, but we're not sure about the weather. The forecast stats that the probability of rain is around 20-50%.
Does anyone have experience with climbing Fuji during rainy/cloudy days/nights?
If so would you recommend it? Is there a chance of getting a nice sight and sunrise on the top anyway?
Thanks for your advice!

by Lukas rate this post as useful

Travel agent in Tokyo for Climb? 2007/7/18 01:14
Does anyone know of a good travel agent in Tokyo which handles guided Mt Fuji Climbs? I tried Sunrise Tours for their 3 Aug but was informed it was sold out. No answer from another agent Oriental Bro etc (www.ai-ticket.com). We feel it would be safer going with a guided tour group as we're in our sixties. Hence looking for a Climb agent.
kokysushi
hokeeyan@yahoo.com
by hokysushi rate this post as useful

to Anne C and anne 2007/7/18 01:30
Try this site for onsen hotels in Kawakuchi-ko (look at Yamanashi-ken Fuji-yoshida and Mt. Fuji) and Izu (look at Shizuoka-ken, especailly Heda and Dogashima for sea view, but also Shimoda and Rendaiji).

For the Shimoda area I highly recommend the Kanaya Ryoukan in Rendaiji. Great bath, great meals, no view of the ocean. But cheap.

http://japaneseguesthouses.com/index.htm

How to get there depends on where you go! For Shimoda take a train from Itami. For Heda take the ferry from Numazu. For Dogashima take the ferry or take a train from Mishima to Shuzenji then bus for 90 minutes.

by Edo rate this post as useful

Am trekking on 07/21.... 2007/7/19 11:57
Hi All,

Am planning to climb on 07/21 @ 6PM, so i get a lot of breathing space before i reach the summit for sunrise. Let me know if anyone is intrested to join along.

Mail: manjunath.basavaraju@gs.com

Thank You,
Manju
by Manju rate this post as useful

Interested Climbers 2007/7/21 12:36
Anyone interested in starting the climb on Monday (23rd July) evening and make it up for sunrise on Tuesday morning? So far the weather looks promising. I was thinking about starting around 8pm by taking the 5pm bus from Shinjuku.
by A rate this post as useful

Climbed Mount Fuji Awesome experience 2007/7/23 10:50
Hi All,
Climbed Mount Fuji successfully on 07/21, saturday night and reached the summit to see the sunrise on a brightful sunday morning. Though it was raining through the night, the sky cleared up at ard 3 am, got a fantastic view of the sunrise.

Suggestions:

Be prepared for the rain ( Just in case)
Try to reach on top asap, as it gets too crowded and am sure you donn want to see the sunrise from 7th/8th station.
Best time to start trek is around 8PM. I started then and reached the summit by 4 am.
If you have the energy left go around the crater. That makes the climbing complete.
Donn go comepletely with the forecasts, rather go with your 6th sense.

Happy Climbing!!!!!
by Manju rate this post as useful

Page 3 of 5: Posts 41 - 60 of 84
prev
1 2 3 4 5
next

reply to this thread