Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 79
prev
1 2 3 4
next

Osaka 2008/7/13 10:14
Thanks monkey see & william!!!

Yes I am looking at Osaka map http://www.johomaps.com/as/japan/osaka/osakametro.jpg but kinda confused.

Seems like Hotel dai-ichi is a better choice? Pandan me, from Hotel dai-ichi to New Otani, will I able to walk or must I take a train?

We are looking at US150. Don't mind to pay abit more if convenient and better condition of hotel. Any other recommendation?

Many thanks!
by zenn rate this post as useful

from hotel to hotel 2008/7/13 15:45
you could walk from the hotel dai-ichi to hotel New Otani but it will take you 40 min. as you will not be familiar with streets. It is easier if you walk from hotel dai-ichi to the JR Osaka station (3 minutes)then take the JR Loop line towards Temma, Osaka-Jo etc. and get off at Osaka-Jo koen and walk to the New Otani. see http://www.osaka.newotani.co.jp/english/location/index.html
by Monkey see rate this post as useful

Hotel Monterey La Soeur 2008/7/14 23:32
Any comment on Hotel Monterey La Soeur Osaka? I read mixed reviews and if I am not wrong, it's walking distance to New Otani

la soeur 2008/7/15 01:53
You are right. looks very reasonable, especially for that area.

Train Station 2008/7/15 02:14
I was told that Monterey La Seour is few mins walk to New Otani Osaka. However website shows that Monterey La Seour is 3min walk to Kyobashi Station whereas New Otani is 3-5mins walk to Osakajo Koen Station. Are Kyobashi and Osakajo Koen under the same loop line? If the 2 hotels are nearby, shouldn't it be at the same station? -confused-

I am looking at http://www.urbanrail.net/as/osak/osaka.htm but I did not see Osakajo Koen station. Can someone advise?

Limousine Bus 2008/7/15 23:48
Any idea if limousine bus stops at New Otani and Monterey La Seour Osaka? Also, how much does it cost? Any website to check on the bus?

Thanks!

hotel access 2008/7/16 00:08
Zenn, the map in the New Otani hotel internet site clearly show both these stations (plus also 2 other stations on other lines). You could also have Googled Osaka JR loop line to double check. Finally the 2 buildings are accessible from different stations on the same loop line because they are between these 2 stations: Station K-hotel-hotel-station O. In many towns AROUND THE WORLD one building(hotel, home, store, office etc.) can be accessed from several subway or train stations on different lines.

??? 2008/7/16 00:10
by ... rate this post as useful

Transportation 2008/7/16 00:30
Thanks monkey see & by!Pandan me as I saw Kyobashi Station and Osakajo Koen Station are 1 station apart so I thought it's far apart.

I found this limousine bus to New Otani Hotel. If I am going to Monterey La Seour Osaka, does it mean I have to alight at New Otani and walk over as it does not alight at Monterey La Seour?

thanks!

Limousine Bus 2008/7/16 00:31
I am refering to this website for limousine bus :

http://www.kate.co.jp/pc/index_e.html

your choice 2008/7/16 00:54
YES, obviously! or you take a limousine bus from Kansai airport to the Hotel New Hankyu in Kita-Umeda as there are many limousines to/ from the airport going there (there is a limousine waiting room near the hotel) then walk to the JR Osaka station across the street and take the loop line to Kobayashi station and the Monterey La Soeur (it means Monterey's sister in French)

Tokyo Hotel 2008/7/18 16:35
Any comment on Tokyo Dome and New Otani? Which is more convenient?

Thanks!

Amended Itinerary 2008/7/22 09:25
Thanks wiliam, monkey see and all who had shared your advises. For convenient, we have decided to stay at New Otani through out our Osaka stay. Here is amended iterary and pls comments :

Day 1 : Arrive at Osaka on 31 Aug 7.20am. Leave luggage with New Otani, go for breakfast and visit Osaka-jo castle till check in
Day 2 : Day trip to Kyoto (Ryoan-ji, Ginkaku-ji, Walk of Philosophy, Nanzen-ji and follow by Okutan restaurant for lunch, Heian-jingu, Sanjusangen-do, Amanohashidate and To-ji)
Day 3 (2 Sep) : Train to Himeji castle in the morning and on the way back to Osaka, drop by Kobe (Port of Kobe Earthquake Memorial Park, Kitano-cho district, Sanden factory outlet)
Day 4 (3 Sep) : Convention in the morning.
Day 5 (4 Sep) : Package Tour (Nijo castle, Kinkakuji Temple, Golden Pavilion and Kiyomizu Temple)
Day 6 (5 Sep) : Shinkansen train (Bullet train) to Hakone to Mt Fuji and overnight at Mt Fuji
Day 7 (6 Sep) : Mt Fuji to Tokyo
Day 8 (7 Sep) : Tokyo
Day 9 (8 Sep) : Tokyo
Day 10 (9 Sep) : Tokyo back home (6.15pm fight)

Questions :
1) There is only 1 timing for Limousine to New Otani. Hence we have no choice but to take JR train. Issit inconvenient as we are travelling with 19mth infant.
2) How long it usually take to visit Osaka-jo castle?
3) Where is Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum?
4) How should I plan my Kyoto trip on day 2. Which place to go first?
5) Issit worth going to Himeji castle as we are worried we do not have enough time at Kobe.
6) Should we visit Himeji castle + half day at Kyoto and leave 1 full day for Kobe.

Sorry for so many questions

details 2008/7/22 12:43
Doing Himeji and Kobe in a day is possible. But if you can allow more time in Kobe, even better.

As far as castle is concerned, if I have to choose between Himeji and Osaka, I'll choose Himeji. Seeing Himeji may take longer because of its grounds. For Osaka Castle, 2 hrs. is more than enough. If you're pressed for time, explore Himeji castle in detail while in Osaka Castle, just take photos. from outside.

Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum is on the suburb of Osaka. Cross the street from Osaka JR station, go up one floor in Osaka Hankyu-Umeda station, take Hankyu Takarazuka private rail line to Ikeda station. The museum is 5 min walk from the rail station on the lefthand side as the train approves the station. Note that the museum is closed on Tue.
http://www.nissin-noodles.com/

Your Day 2 itinerary is too much. I think I mentioned before. One way journey from Kyoto to Amanohashidate is already 2 hrs. After you arrive there, you still have to take a ferry and a cable car to go up the mt. It's very doubtful you can still go for other Kyoto sights on the same day !
by William rate this post as useful

Osaka to Mt Fuji 2008/8/13 17:23
Dear all, may I ask how can I travel from Osaka to mt Fuji? Here you guys indicated to travel to hakone then to mt fuji. Can someone give me more info. Is it advisable to drive from osaka to mt fuji. We are group of 6 & maybe driving is cheaper than taking the bullet train + bus? By the way, can anyone gives some opinion on taking up a car rental upon arrival at kansai airport & then drive from osaka to mt fuji & final destination is tokyo. Great thanks.
by Mouse rate this post as useful

Osaka to Mt Fuji 2008/8/13 19:07
Hi Mouse,

I will be travelling by the following :

From Osaka to Mishima by train = For 2 hours
From Mishima to Kawaguchiko station by bus = For 2 hours
From Kawaguchiko station to 5th of Mt. fuji by bus = For 1 hour

Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum 2008/8/14 02:47
Hi william or anyone who can help,

According to Hyperia, it will take 6hr 24min from New Otani to the museum. Is there any other shorter way?

Universal Studios 2008/8/14 03:49
Any idea do they speak in Japanese or English?

Ramen Museum 2008/8/14 04:02
From Hotel New Otani take the subway to JR Osaka Station, or if you don't mind the extra expense, take a taxi. I'm sure the hotel staff can help you with direction.

From JR Osaka Station, cross the street to Hankyu Umeda Station (on the map, it's NE of JR Osaka Station). The Hankyu Rail is a private rail-line. Go up one floor and take the Hankyu Takarazuka Line to Ikeda station. Journey time is 20 min. and train fare is 260 yen. The museum is less than 10 min walk from Ikeda station. It's on the left-hand side of the station as the train approaches from Osaka direction.
by William rate this post as useful

Ramen Museum 2008/8/14 05:38
Thanks william! Beside Ramen Museum, any other "must visit" in that area? Also, how long should I plan to stay in the museum?

Page 3 of 4: Posts 41 - 60 of 79
prev
1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread