Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Page 33 of 43: Posts 641 - 660 of 847
prev
1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43
next

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/11/27 16:02
Interview done 1 month after application submitted ( with help of gyoseishoshi). Interview lasted 30 minutes asking me why I wanted to take Japanese nationality. Very friendly interviewer.

Then just waited.

Then 6 months after call requesting me to start process to request renonciation of nationality to my embassy by submitting ŽwŽ¦‘@ . It takes 5 months (!) because authorities in my origin country were slow. Tantosha was very patient. During this period , I travelled back to my origin country for 3 weeks. Just informed the tantosha. No issue at all.

After 5 months waiting for documents , I submitted documents to Tantosha and my name was in Kanpo 3 weeks after .

It was in Utsunomiya so maybe they have less applicants and it is faster.
by Olive (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/11/27 16:52
@ Olive (guest)

Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.
I also applied in same houmokyoku as you.
Seems tantousha is squite friendly.
Waiting for my results.
by Sandy4Naturalization rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/11/27 17:48
Interview done 1 month after application submitted ( with help of gyoseishoshi). Interview lasted 30 minutes asking me why I wanted to take Japanese nationality. Very friendly interviewer.

Then just waited.

Then 6 months after call requesting me to start process to request renonciation of nationality to my embassy by submitting ŽwŽ¦‘@ . It takes 5 months (!) because authorities in my origin country were slow. Tantosha was very patient. During this period , I travelled back to my origin country for 3 weeks. Just informed the tantosha. No issue at all.

After 5 months waiting for documents , I submitted documents to Tantosha and my name was in Kanpo 3 weeks after .

It was in Utsunomiya so maybe they have less applicants and it is faster.
by Olive (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/11/28 00:06
@smithgaijin (guest)

If you have N2 level of Japanese proficiency then donft need to worry at all. Even if they take a test itfs very simple.
Just study basic kanji writing and also hiragana katakana. Test is just a part of procedure those who didnft study here in Japan or donft have N1 level.
It all depends on the hiumukyoku also. Sometimes they donft take test if found that you are confident in speaking and kanji writing.

There are some specific books also to study for tests. ( elementary school level )

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/11/29 10:40
@ Huzphil
Finely Long waited call. I was told not to travel there will be results in two weeks.
-> Did you get your name in Kanpou?
When you got a call from tantousha , he clearly mentioned that your application is approved?
Kindly update your timeline so will be useful for those who are waiting.

congratulations and Thank you for your feedbacks.

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/1 01:53
@sendy. Yes After call I got my name on kanpo in two weeks after kanpo 4 days I got a call again to pickup the documents but I am very busy I didnft go to pickup my papers yet hopefully next week Ifll get it if I get a chance. I just told them to keep in with them for a week or two.
by Huzphil rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/1 04:27
@ Huzphil
Thank you for the update.
I am also from India and just wanted to ask you , 1. do we need to renounce our nationality before getting the approval from ministry of justice ?
2. If not then can we keep our passports without surrendering them ?
3. For travel I think we need to get the OCI card but it takes 2 months to arrive. So in that time suppose we want to visit our hometown then can we get a normal tourist visa easily ?

Sorry for many questions.

Thank you !!!

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/2 00:13
@sendy , I donft know yet but I was told that I need to surender my Alion card as well passport. Before I could get juminhyo.
For OCI. my experience for my family , it was 6 to 8 months after the application submitted

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/2 12:20
@Huzphil
Thank you for the information .
OCI takes a longer time. Meanwhile can we get the visa to visit India ?

One more thing ,
I wanted to visit this December but still waiting for Kanpou.
In my case tantousha called me in November for any address job change and planning overseas trip. Told him no plan as of now.
But after 3 weeks also no name in kanpou so thinking to tell my tantousha that planning to go abroad this month end.

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/3 14:23
@sendy. If you must travel you should inform Tantosha
And yes you will have to surender your passports within 15days. There for you wonft be able to travel.
Batter inform and then process your neutralization.
It will delay though.

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/3 23:03
@Huzphil

Thank you for your input.
Will inform tantousha of travel as anyhow i have. To travel.

Delay would be there but canft help.

Thank you and wish you all the best for remaining processes ( getting Japanese passport )

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/4 21:59
@Sandy4Naturalization @Olive (guest)

Thank you very much for your reply.
wish you both good luck and all the best.
by smithgaijin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/12 21:25
How's everything going?
got results?

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/12 21:26
@beek @Nosh (guest)

How's everything going?
got results?

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/13 01:06
@smithgaijin
didnt get any result yet... its already been so long waited 18 mnths but no results no calls
by beek rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/13 10:57
@All

I found our name on the Kanpou yesterday, December 12th, but haven't received any call yet from the Homukyoku in charge of the next instructions. Is it normal for it to take some time, or is my case different? I heard that they can contact you for further instructions on the same day the name is published in the Kanpou.
by Jafar09 rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/14 00:28
@Jafar09

Congratulations!!!
So your long wait is over now.

I think they will contact you in couple of days as they might be waiting for documents to be received from ministry of justice.

You might have received the confirmation call before kanpo . Like job status , foreign trip plans etc.
how long before you got the call from tantousha before publishing your name ?

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/14 10:31
@Sandy

Thank you for your kind reply.
You are correct, I did receive a call yesterday from my in-charge informing me that they are awaiting documents from the Ministry of Justice. Once they receive the documents, they will contact me again.

Additionally, before the name was published on the Kanpou list, the Homukyoku in charge called me on December 1st. The publication then took place on December 12th."

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/14 15:04
Hi jafar

Congratulations.
How long did you need from document submission to result? Did you apply from Tokyo or other prefecture?

8 months running, still waiting for the result.

Mifta
by Mifta (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naturalization in 2022 2023/12/14 15:23
@Mifta

I submitted my documents on May 9, 2023, at the Fuchu Homu-kyoku in Tokyo.

Hopefully, you will receive your results soon!

Thnaks

Page 33 of 43: Posts 641 - 660 of 847
prev
1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 43
next

reply to this thread