Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 74 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4

... 2007/8/21 19:30
All in informal speech.

Most people... (As in, "In America most people eat fast food often."(
Amerika dewa, hotondo no hito ga faasuto fuudo wo yoku taberu.

Some people ...
... suru hito mo iru. (There are also people who do....)

Can I use this?
Kore wo tsukatte ii?
or
Kore wo tsukatte mo ii?

Is there anything I can do to help?
Nani ka tetsudau koto wa aru?

If you need me, go ahead and call me. (I'll be upstairs)
Nani ka attara, yonde ne. (Ue ni iru kara.)

A dead ___insert animal name here___
How do you want to use this? Would you want to say something like "There's a dead bird in the garden" or something like that? THen it would be "Niwa ni tori no shigai ga aru." (There's a bird's corpse in the garden). Or you could say "Niwa de tori ga shinde iru." (A bird has died in the garden.) In some cases this can sound a bit "raw," if you know what I mean.
by AK rate this post as useful

Please help ASAP! 2007/11/1 18:10
How do I say:

"The company that I came here with decided not to sponsor me anymore."?

As in, the people who set up my stay in Japan are not sponsoring me anymore. Pleaaase help.
by niko-chan rate this post as useful

... 2007/11/1 20:13
Niko-chan,

What do you mean by "sponsor"? sponsoring you for visa? sponsoring you for putting you up (accommodation)?

... 2007/11/1 21:59
I'll give you one version anyway; I wonder if this is what you want to say:

- Zannen na koto ni, watashi ga Nihon ni korareru you ni shite kureta hito tachi ni, suponsaa shite moraenaku naru koto ni natte shimaimashita.
(Unfortunately, things turned out so that I will no longer be sponsored by the people who made it possible for me to come to Japan.)

sponser 2007/11/1 22:40
Thanks for the quick response AK! Actually, they are sponsering both. :)

. 2007/12/30 15:08
How do you say:

"Just curious, was the package that I had sent from your house returned? Because I haven't recieved it yet."

(As in, I mailed something from their house in Japan to mine in the US, and have not recieved it. I want to know if the post office sent it back to them.)

~ 2007/12/30 22:18
nico chan

watashiga nihon kara okutta nimotsu ga sochirani modottekite imasenka?

mada kochira ni todoite inainndesu.
by sy rate this post as useful

Help 2008/1/10 18:30
hello again, how do you say "the one"?

As in that special person?

I need this one really quick, thanks to anyone who replies.

The one 2008/1/11 01:35
You could try ichiban (一番) which means "number one". As in "the number one".
by TheRage800 rate this post as useful

... 2008/1/11 10:14
niko-chan,

There really isn't a good, simple word/phrase for that meaning I can give you without knowing how you are going to put it in a sentence.

意中の人 (ichuu no hito) = the person closest to my/someone'e heart

...but for example this one is used mostly to talk about someone you are in love with, most likely one-sidedly, or you have not expressed your affection to that person. (So you cannot say "you are my..." to someone's face.)

If you are telling someone else something like "I think I met the right person for me, it's XXX" then it would be "Kono hito da to omou hito de deatta, XXX-san desu." THe part "Kono hito da to omou hito" being "the one," literally "The one who I feel is the right person." It's a bit lengthy, but there really isn't one "THE ONE" in Japanese...

Or if you are talking about someone you've been dating and saying "oh I don't know/doubt if he is the one for me..." "Hontou ni kono hito de ii no ka wakaranai..." (I don't know if this person is really OK (for me)...) which conveys that meaning.

AK 2008/1/11 11:11
"Kono hito da to omou hito de deatta, XXX-san desu." Is perfect, thank you.

I'm actually using it in more of a sense that "I've been searching for the one...and I thought that you may be him."

I used the phrase "the one" and he did not understand; I tried explaining it using "tokubetsu na hito" or the person I've been waiting for. This will be very helpful. =)

... 2008/1/11 11:33
Sorry, one correction!!

"Kono hito da to omou hito NI deatta, XXX-san desu."

Need to know 2008/1/16 12:38
How can I say...

"The problem I was referring to the other day was about communication. To me, communication is a big part of a relationship. We don't really talk often, only online and during that time you say very little... Also it'd be nice if you called me every now and then just so we can talk (I know your phone is broken now and you can't so at the moment it is fine). I also hope if you have any problems you can tell me so we can fix them together. When we talked the other day you got the wrong impression and thought I wanted you to change; hopefully you understand now."

I'd be sooo greatful for whoever can pull this off. =)

,,, 2008/1/16 18:05
The problem I was referring to the other day was about communication.

senjitsu mondaini nattanowa kominikyukeisyon ni tuitedesu

To me, communication is a big part of a relationship.

watashini totte kominikyukeishon wa nin-gen kankei no nakano jyuuyou na bubundesu

We don't really talk often, only online and during that time you say very little...

son-nani takusan hudan hanashi wo shinaishi onrain no nakadakeno soremo wazukana jikan dakedashi...

Also it'd be nice if you called me every now and then just so we can talk (I know your phone is broken now and you can't so at the moment it is fine).

anata ga maikai denwa wo shite watashi to hanashi wo shitekuretara sore wa sutekinakotodekedo..(demo denwaki ga kowarete irunowo shitteirushi moshi soudenakutemo son-nani hanasitari shinai to shitteiruwa)

I also hope if you have any problems you can tell me so we can fix them together.

anata ni nanika mondai ga attatoki watashi ni ittekurereba issyoni kangaerukotogadekite iinoni to omotteiruwa

When we talked the other day you got the wrong impression and thought I wanted you to change; hopefully you understand now."

senjitu issyoni ohanasisitatoki machigatta insyou ya kangae wo mottara anatani zehi kaetehoshiito negatteiruwa moshi konokotoga yoku watkatte kuretara-ne

to Nico-chan a Happy new year , i hope these sentences help your jpn skills!! ganbatte-ne
by im rate this post as useful

Page 4 of 4: Posts 61 - 74 of 74
prev
1 2 3 4

reply to this thread