Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 100 of 100
prev
1 2 3 4 5

How to Contact A Manga Producer?? 2011/2/22 19:36
Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Manga Producer?? I got a Manga I wanna show someone but don't know how to get in contact with anyone?

Please Help!!!!
by Yoji Kurayami (guest) rate this post as useful

schools 2011/2/23 02:31
for anyone, dunno if they were posted, but first, learn japanese. preferably in japan at a japanese language school. then go to one of these schools. and they can help you find employment. lol

tokyo anime college:

http://www.tokyo-anime.jp/lag/english/school/index.html

animation schools tokyo:

http://www.janscottfrazier.com/animinjp/schools.htm

http://www.neec.ac.jp/cie/us/animation/anime.html

below, they have a real site too, but its all in japanese, this is in a little english... link to real webpage from here as well:

Vantan anime and manga school:

http://ameblo.jp/vantan-contents/entry-10172144537.html

list of uni/grad schools/other:

http://www.jasso.go.jp/study_j/documents/animation_manga.pdf
by Reina Jess rate this post as useful

YES 2011/5/27 17:54
I don't have an answer either, so to save your time i'll tell you now.

But yeah, I dream of being a mangaka as well. It's unrealistic sure, but a dream is a dream, and without one, people are nothing. Maybe one day we'll see each other in the industry, yeah? :)

Work hard, man!! All us foreign manga artists need to support each other!!
by A-chan (guest) rate this post as useful

yo 2011/6/24 19:57
many of the above have said enter a contest
as a 13 year old i wish my job had something to do with manga. you could enter a contest or research some editors to take to. find an editor and he should take you to the next step like promoting your manga. Making it famous. i wish you luck and i hope to meet you some day
by luvmelots (guest) rate this post as useful

Unsuccessful but good artists 2011/6/25 01:25
To be an artist is one issue, and to be a successfully selling one is another.
Many artists (painters, musicians, singers dancers, actors, writers, and manga artists) have lived in poverty, and some of them have died or even committed suicide out of despair in poverty. Although professional manga artists who make enough for living are very rare, there are wider rooms now for those semi-professionals. When you are young, it is not bad to really put your best efforts in one thing that you can believe in. If you are confident enough that you won't regret sacrificing your precious time for it, then go for it. You should even pay for a hardship in your youth. Žá‚¢Žž‚Ì‹ê˜J‚Í”ƒ‚Á‚Ä‚Å‚à‚µ‚ë (a popular saying in Japanese).
by You gotta buy hardship (guest) rate this post as useful

some pretty good freakaleaking good tips 2011/8/28 11:45
couldn't you just publish it in english first? We only read manga in english anyways.. get some advertising going- around highschool/college campus - have a great story like you said, and people will want it. i already want it:)
Some good illistrating too! make it your own, because you want it to stand out. you need something special, a 'signature key' persay, that will want buyers to come. or even some who are interested in a good story... like me!

but really. i've read manga and watched anime for ages. make a huge twist! MAKE ME CRY OVER A GOOD STORY PLEAEASSE ~~~
by READ HERE 4 SUCCESS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/10/5 06:39
I know what you mean, I live in the u.s and my dream is to be a manga artist I believe in my dream and I will always keep trying to catch it. But it shouldn't matter what color or age, even sex you are. what should matter is the passion for the story the object your trying to prove. us outsiders I guess should try to prove that anything is possible. I know about the culture differences, the doubts, the stress, but I don't care even if my hands bleed I will still draw and create my image of my manga. It is my dream to become like those great manga artist before me I really hope we do achieve our dreams and show these doubters that we made it.
by the next manga artist (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/10/5 14:36
Something I know off the top of my head:

Afro Samurai, is an entirely American done anime and it has recognition in Japan and America. I know you said you're doing manga, but still a point to have in mind.
-----------
I say it doesn't matter where it's from, because quality art is quality art!

So as long as you have some good material to work with then go right ahead! Just have passion for your work and keep your hopes realistic. Good luck!
by asdf (guest) rate this post as useful

just like you... 2011/11/1 03:58
i want to be a fameous manga artist not only in japan or asia..but in the whole wide world hehe well we both have the same dreams..im frm philippines .. but my dream is to be part of walt disney picture.. and my first step is to be one of manga artist...and we must put effort and prove to them...that we made it... i have a big dream..butt i dont know either how to start..=)
by rui sheng (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/11/19 10:22
Dont listen to people who dont believe thier life must also suck becuz they have no faith in themselves
Keep moving and you shall succeed!
by Luna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/11/21 14:02
Has anyone else noticed that the OP is from 2004... and it's 2011. I don't think the OP is checking this thing 7 years later.
by umm (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/11/21 16:53
going to japan is a really good idea. for me that is the best part of any dream involving japan. is the country itself. the rest is just bonus.
by secretsafe rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/12/6 00:59
I dnt know.it kills me to not know how to keep on going.my entire life is manga.one character of mine can beat all characters ever created in Bleach,one piece,including final fantasy,
by Moses sekati (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/12/6 02:38
Has anyone noticed that in all 5 pages of this thread "John" has not responded?
So John, if you're still out there, you have as much chance of becoming a Manga artist as I have of becoming a Japanese housewife - and I am an American male!
I smell a troll. LOL
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/12/23 18:00
I started off college with Biology, but felt that it is not really fit for me. I always had an interest in Japan as a whole, and took Japanese during freshman year, so I am going to switch major (very late), you only live your life once, and it would be nice to leave a piece of work behind when you pass away.

I have only recently started drawings, but I will work hard and see how it goes, also getting manga studio. Obviously I have a backup plan; to be english teacher in Japan, translator (etc), but i have read a lot of manga, i know what ppl like I do not just read it and think "oh that is amazing work" I think about what is amazing.
by thesums (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2011/12/23 18:03
I also know for a fact, after seeing documentaries, that top class manga artists does NOT have it easy by any means.

Your career dies if you do not have anymore ideas, AND you will have to work very very hard. You need to be able to draw/write/work as if it is like computer games or watching tv, ie you can do this 24/7
by thesums (guest) rate this post as useful

there's a lot way to become one 2012/1/17 13:58
I know it's not easy to chase our dream especially to become manga artist in Japan, yet I won't say it's impossible for outsiders to become one. Example, try to read manga Defense Devil from Shonen Jump, the writer and drawer is from South Korea that CAN'T speak Japanese at all at first, but because they can make some interesting story,they make it and get the contract with Shueisha while using translator when they work. Moreover, Japan already start to open the opportunity for they that want to try their skill in writing manga. Like from the previous post, Japan's Government make contest called International Manga award, and then Shogakukan Inc. (That published Flame of Recca) also make an international manga contest, Morning international manga contest, that you can submit either with english, Japanese or even with your own mother language. And if you can Japanese, try to submit your manga in Square enix because they always held manga contest every 6 month..So I think all of you can make it, if you want to try. Also you don't need to know all about japan's culture to write interesting manga,just try to make something that you thing interesting and also interesting for other people,and that doesn't mean always have to be japan's story
by R.E.D (guest) rate this post as useful

Manga geek 2012/1/24 02:46
i'm a major manga geek, and I enjoy moonlighting my work to some of the more major artists, I've had quite a few ideas published... butchered, but published none the less, mostly because i only send the written versions, not the drawn versions... i would suggest just posting your manga on the internet, places such as deviantart tend to get a lot of views, and have made many people well known to the public.
by crescent (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: How do I become a Manga Artist in Japan 2012/1/24 09:32
In all reality it is extremely hard to become a Manga Artist. Look up the manga Bakuman. It's kinda like an autobiography of manga artists, and is extremely realistic.

In all reality, though, you have to have talent. And I mean GOOD talent. You also have to have a good story. Make it to where people want to see it. Getting a manga published is more than just putting a picture onto a piece of paper.

You have to make a story board first, then proof it, then turn it into a full blown mange page with textures and what not.

Also, not being offensive, but I'm pretty sure being Japanese would help your chances.
by Renversant rate this post as useful

Hey you (yes I am a vocaloid fan) 2012/1/25 12:17
Crypton Future Media can help you. Look at the circumstances for them. LOADS of people even from America have sent in copies of their owns vocaloids, and a lot of vocaloids became official. Kei the main designer for the all stars isn't even an amazing artist(compared to others) and he got a major boost in his manga career, sure he was japanese, but he got recognition. and people read his mangas because of that.
thats what i would do
by Angel (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 5: Posts 81 - 100 of 100
prev
1 2 3 4 5

reply to this thread