Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 5 of 12: Posts 81 - 100 of 223
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
next

To Shmuck 2006/7/25 08:03
Atfirst! u have to know that the manga u r drawing is it suitable for lowteen or highteen girls? Ribon(for lowteen girls) Marguerite(for middle and highteen girls) next u have to send ur work in japanese cuz they won't bother to translate it for u..lastly here's the address: Shuueisha,2-5-10 Hitohashi,Chiyoda-ku,
Tokyo 101-8050

and in the first line u have to write down Ribon or Marguerite..depending on ur manga
by Laiba rate this post as useful

submit to TOKYOPOP!! 2006/7/25 17:15
i just read juno's entry and wanted to clarify that it's totally not the case that TOKYOPOP will hire just anyone. the process is very challenging to get accepted but they are very dedicated to building what they call Global Manga. it's not just about "perfect art"; it is also about storytelling and style and potential. many artists from Japan evolve over their careers so judging any artist by their debut works means focusing on their potential. anyways, if you are good, and serious, TOKYOPOP is the place!
by milky rate this post as useful

I donno how to show ypu the picture lol 2006/7/25 22:48
Laiba i dont know how to show you the picture but i can say it is in volume 8 ypu can download the scans on any manga scan website
by Angry Dude rate this post as useful

To Angry Dude 2006/7/25 23:49
I'm sorry but can u gimme the link to the site? Thank you!

Were to go and what equipment 2006/7/27 04:45
hiya fellow mangka wannabees im making a manga ive got the story done to what most people think perfect and ive started drawing the manga but the thing is i need to get all the proper equipment were do i buy manga equipment and also were do i learn japanese cheap.Oh and whats the odds of a guy as good as kibo tite making it to shonen jump from the UK.Thanks
by Akiha Toziama rate this post as useful

To Akiha 2006/7/27 07:27
Here's a list of the tool's a pro uses in japan i think it'll be useful to u and this is where u can buy'em :
http://akadotretail.com/shop/shop_search_subsec.php?cat=Comictones&sec=Manga%20Supplies

To Akiha 2006/7/27 07:29
How could i 4got to add link of the tools a pro-mangaka uses..neway here it is!
http://www.mayutan.com/e/special/vol1_2_1.html

Thanks 2006/7/27 20:22
I Want to thank you laiba for givin me these links now i can finally get started.
by Akiha rate this post as useful

To Akiha 2006/7/28 02:52
U r welcome and don't 4get to let me know when ur first manga got published! ^_~ Good Luck!

Just a Thought 2006/8/3 13:21
I don't know if it's been mentioned (I'm too lazy to read through all of the replies) but having an foreigner in a Japanese stuido isn't completely unheard of. One of the most respected animation studios in Japan, Studio Ghibli, employs at least one American that I know of, probably more. These instances are rare, but to say that "simply because you are foreign, you can't do it" is wrong.
by ChronoEX rate this post as useful

Hi i'm new...teehee 2006/8/5 10:58
Hi!!!
Well, of course i love manga too...i live in Canada and i do draw but i dont know that much about the tools ....what do they excactly do? Is there a site that could tell me?
How much do really get paid?pleez someone tell me!!
Thxz soo much guyz
sincerely Ileah
by Ileah rate this post as useful

Hi everyone. 2006/8/6 07:59
Hi. I'm 14 and I live in Canada. I wanna become a mangaka ^_^ Here's some of my art

http://omega-skyblaster.deviantart.com/

Comments, critics? Anyone feel free to comment, thanks in advance! ^_^

And to above poster, the tools are just ink pens, rulers, erasers, screen tone, good quality paper, etc. And I don't relly know the exact pay...
by skyblaster rate this post as useful

to lleah 2006/8/6 20:41
i u've read the replies above u should have got the answers for everything anyway here's the link of a mangaka's website showing what tools she uses http://www.mayutan.com/e/special/vol1_2_1.html
and about the pay..well it depends who u r and how good is ur work done.init?

To skyblaster 2006/8/6 20:44
Here's a place where everyone share their works and is more like a school they'll point out ur mistakes harshly no mercy at all so be prepared.

To skyblaster 2006/8/6 20:47

Thank you Laiba 2006/8/7 03:00
Thanks, that was very helpful :D
by skyblaster rate this post as useful

thanx 2006/8/7 03:36
hey!!

thanx Laiba and Skyblaster!!! I need all the help i cna get!!! lol HEY I LIVE IN CANADA TOO!!! where do u live?
-Ileah
by ileah rate this post as useful

Good Stuff! ,^-^, 2006/8/7 03:45
Hi
Well I looked at your art skyblaster and I think you really have a unique style ( can I even SPEll that word...)^-^ I like the boys u draw..i really need to learn how to draw boyz better...enyone know of a good site? Book?
thanx
-Ileah (,,,) (=^-^=) (,,,)
by Ileah rate this post as useful

To ileah 2006/8/7 19:57
I live in Hong Kong ^_^ Yoroshiku!

Awesome 2006/8/8 07:23
That's pretty cool u live in Japan...are u japanese? if u are u knoe great english hehe*.* Everyones always like "i wish i was japanese so i could be manga-ka, but i am very content on being Canadian... i think i would like to make stories about my kinda lifestyle. Everyone's always trying to copy the japanese school gurl thing...cool and everything...but it's been done!!!
by ileah rate this post as useful

Page 5 of 12: Posts 81 - 100 of 223
prev
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
next

reply to this thread